The perfect is the enemy of the good...

So I notice my last update on the rewrite was back in February, right before I changed jobs. (Coincidence? I think not.)

Part of it is the new job and the time commitments there, but part of it is hesitation on my part because I want the rewrite to be AMAZEBALLS and thus every bit of code feels like it takes forever to write so that it’s done exceptionally well.

In an attempt to fight that, I’m going to attempt the spaghetti approach - throw all the code out there and stick with whatever sticks to the wall (I guess the code version of this is whatever doesn’t break :wink:).

Will see how it goes, at this point any progress would be good.

fingers crossed! I know how hard it is to keep yourself motivated if your’re doing a project on your own… currently trying to convince myself to finally go and finish mine :stuck_out_tongue:

Very hard to keep up with someting when you really want it to be PERFECT and AWESOME. whatever you do you’ll always think you could have done it a little bit better or in a bit more detail or …
perfectionism is a real obstacle when you’re doing something, I’m sure the new version will be great and only you know how it dosent measure up to your vision of it. I’m the same with my artwork, people who buy my work love it but I always think I should have done better and am disappointed in myself.
I’ll be very surprised if the new stuff is anything but amazing so i think your decision is the right one. Look forward to seeing the spaghetti  :slight_smile:

I was hoping to have a new feature to announce by now, but have been struggling a bit with figuring out what to tackle and how to tackle it.

On the plus side, I’m up to 50% of the code migrated over. (That doesn’t mean 50% of the functionality necessarily, just lines of old code that I’ve rewritten.) I’m not going to migrate over the racing code immediately, will just tweak it to work with the new code, so that’s another 10% as well. :slight_smile:

Slow and steady progress, at least! (Emphasis on the slow. :stuck_out_tongue:)

Slow and steady wins the race