The Epsom Derby 2018 (June 2nd) - Masar & Chortle

“It is Britain’s richest horse race, and the most prestigious of the five Classics. It is sometimes referred to as the “Blue Riband” of the turf. The race serves as the middle leg of the Triple Crown, preceded by the 2000 Guineas and followed by the St Leger, although the feat of winning all three is now rarely attempted. The name “Derby” has become synonymous with great races all over the world, and as such has been borrowed many times. The Derby run at Epsom is the original and in Great Britain is invariably referred to as “The Derby”.”

[align=center]The FF Epsom Derby info:

Date
2022-06-09

Race
Epsom Derby Stakes (Gr. 1)

Surface
Turf

Distance
12 furlongs

Purse
$1,500,000[/align]

Links:

The Epsom Derby - home page

Epsom Derby - Wikipedia

Past winners in real life:

• 2015 - Golden Horn - Time: 2:32.32. Available in the game as a “Famous Stallion”.
  • 2016 - Harzand - Time: 2:40.09
  • 2017 - Wings of Eagles - won at odds of 40-1, having never previously won a stakes race. Time: 2:33.02

Past Final Furlong winners:

• 2019 - [color=red]NCh. Back St. Warrior, Track: Good Time: 2:24.565 SF: 246. She finished 4th in Two Thousand Guineas and won St. Leger Stakes, getting really close to winning the English Triple Crown! Now a broodmare, in foal to NCh. Away The Lads.
  • 2020 - [color=blue]Ch. Armistice, Track: Wet Time: 2:10.170 SF: 293. He continued to race but never won a stakes again, still active racehorse.
  • 2021 - [color=blue]Deltin, Track: Good Time: 2:16.575 SF: 256. It was his second and last start that year, and he remains in England.

This year, the winner of the first leg - Two Thousand Guineas - is [color=blue]Ch. Casa de Victor in Final Furlong and [color=blue]Saxon Warrior in real life. Saxon Warrior is trained by Aidan O’Brien, who also trained the past year’s winner named Churchill. Saxon Warrior was ridden by Donnacha O’Brien, the trainer’s son. Aged 19, Donnacha was born the month after his father won this race for the first time, with King Of Kings in 1998.

Current plans are for all 3 of our 2,000 Guineas runners to run in the Derby. They were:-
[color=blue]Casa de Victor (Won), [color=blue]Worthy Endeavor (3rd), & [color=blue]Honey’s Victory (7th).

I’ll be sending Chortle, who ran 2nd in the 2000 Guineas.

Final Furlong’s Epsom Derby comes tomorrow, but we already know the winner in real life - and it’s not Saxon Warrior (4th) but Masar, bred and owned by Godolphin.

In Final Furlong, the winner of the first leg, Ch. Casa de Victor is entered. From Clicker Lab, I entered my 3yo colt [color=blue]Lively Look. I’m not considering him “stakes level” yet, although he finished 4th in Gr. 1 Bailey’s Irish Champion Stakes just recently. This time it will be two furlongs longer for him. I claimed him from Final Furlong this March.

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations Shelbie (Black Storm West) for winning The Epsom Derby with [color=blue]Ch. Chortle! Would be cool to see a Frankel colt qualified for stud.