Suggestions: 2026 Famous Stallions

As we creep towards the end of the year, what new stallions would you like to see brought into FF?

@Shanthi I did see Phenomenal is still “locked” (“This stud is allowed 0 outside mares”) but is owned by FF. Hoping he can be made available for the 2026 breeding season.

Current Famous Stallions at Stud:
Dubawi
Frankel
California Chrome
American Pharoah
Frosted
Golden Horn
Gun Runner
Talismanic
Thunder Snow
Authentic

My Nominations:

Knicks Go, 2016 dapple gray
Paynter - Kosmo’s Buddy, by Outflanker
24 Starts: 10-3-1, $8,673,135
WON G1 Pegasus World Cup, G1 Breeders’ Cup Classic, G1 Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile, G1 Whitney S, G1 Breeders’ Futurity, G3 Lukas Classic, G3 Prairie Meadows Cornhusker H; 2nd G1 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile.
Expected to retire to stud following the Pegasus World Cup in January.

Only FF relative in his pedigree would be Awesome Again (sireline, 3rd generation). Danzig is in his damline 4th generation, but his FF page wouldn’t show Danzig. FF relatives in general would include Ghostzapper (by Awesome Again), but overall FF Awesome Again only had 11 foals and FF Ghostzapper only had 2 crops (youngest crop being FF 2019).

3 Likes

Knicks Go is lovely! By the way, I wonder when we’ll see horse pics again… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: because he would look great!

5 Likes

I have a few suggestions for RL stallions:

Nyquist, 2013 bay
Uncle Mo - Seeking Gabrielle, by Forestry
11 Starts: 8-0-1, $5,189,200
Won Sentient Jet Breeders’ Cup Juvenile G1, Del Mar Futurity G1, Kentucky Derby G1, Florida Derby G1, and was 3rd in the Preakness G1.

I know Uncle Mo has been suggested in the past, and I would love to get him or one of his progeny on FF.

McKinzie, 2015 bay
Street Sense - Runway Model, by Petionville
18 Starts: 8-6-0, $3,473,360
Won Los Alamitos Cash Call Futurity G1, Pennsylvania Derby G1, Malibu S. G1, and Whitney S.

I don’t think we have any FF horses in his pedigree, and it would be nice to get some new pedigrees in the game.

Jimmy Creed, 2009 chestnut
Distorted Humor - Hookedonthefeelin, by Citidancer
10 Starts: 4-2-2, $439,250
Won Malibu S. G1 and Potrero Grande S. G2

He didn’t have a super exciting racing career, but he is ranked #18 for leading sires of 2yo olds right now. He does have Danzig in his 4th generation pedigree, but it wouldn’t show up on FF pedigrees. I believe the rest of his pedigree would be new to FF.

3 Likes

Bumping this back to attention.

Maybe we could also consider Orfevre:

Orfevre
2008 chestnut stallion (13yo)
by Stay Gold (Sunday Silence), out of Oriental Art.
3x4 inbred to Northern Taste (son of Northern Dancer).

21 Starts: 12 - 6 - 1, ¥1,344,084,000 + €2,159,880

At 3:
Won Tokyo Yushun (Japanese Derby) (G1), Satsuki Sho (Japanese 2000 Guineas) (G1), Kikuka Sho (Japanese St.Leger) (G1), Arima Kinen (The Grand Prix) (G1), Spring Stakes (G2), Kobe Shimbun Hai (G2)
2nd Shinzan Kinen (G3)
3rd Kisaragi Sho (G3)

At 4:
Won Takarazuka Kinen (G1), Prix Foy (G2)
2nd Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe (G1), Japan Cup (G1), Hanshin Daishoten (G2)

At 5:
Won Arima Kinen (G1), Prix Foy (G2), Osaka Hai (G2)
2nd Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe (G1). Ridden by Kenichi Ikezoe & Christophe Soumillon

• 2011 7th Japanese Triple Crown Winner
  • 2011 JRA Horse of the Year and Best Three-Year-Old Colt
  • 2012 and 2013 JRA Best Older Colt or Horse
  • 2015 inducted into JRA Hall of Fame Entered stud in 2014 at Shadai Stallion Station, Hokkaido.

Orfevre was awarded Horse of the Year and Best Three-Year-Old Colt in Japan in 2011 and Best Older Horse in Japan in 2012 and 2013. He became the seventh horse to win the Japanese Triple Crown and also captured the Grade 1 Arima Kinen (Grand Prix) twice and the Grade 1 Takarazuka Kinen. He also finished 2nd in the Group 1 Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe twice in a row.
Orfevre entered stud in Japan in 2014. His first crop hit the track in 2017. Among his best progeny are Epoca d’Oro, who captured the Grade 1 the Satsuki Sho (Japanese 2000 Guineas); and Lucky Lilac, who won four Grade 1 races: the Osaka Hai, the Queen Elizabeth II Cup (twice), the Hanshin Juvenile Fillies; and Authority, who won the Grade 2 Aoba Sho and the Grade 2 Copa Republica Argentina.
He was inducted into the Japan Racing Association Racing Hall of Fame in 2015.

3 Likes

Love Orfevre!

1 Like

Last minute nominee:

Contrail
2017 black stallion
by Deep Impact (Sunday Silence), out of Rhodochrosite (Unbridled’s Song)
*Clearly can’t be added if Orfevre is added due to Sunday Silence
**Deep Impact’s FF son, Emoji, did qualify for stud this year. No other Deep Impacts have qualified in FF, and only retired Sunday Paper qualified for Sunday Silence.

11 Starts: 8 - 2 - 1, ¥1,195,294,000

At 2:
2019 JRA Award for Best Two-Year-Old Colt
Won Hopeful S. (G1), Tokyo Sports Hai Nisai S. (G3)

At 3:
2020 JRA Award for Best Three-Year-Old Colt
Japanese Triple Crown winner, third JTC winner to do so undefeated
Won Tokyo Yushun (JPN Derby) (G1), Satsuki Sho (JPN 2000 Guineas) (G1), Kikuka Sho (JPN St. Leger) (G1), Kobe Shimbun Hai (G2)
2nd Japan Cup (G1)

At 4:
Won Japan Cup (G1)
2nd Tenno Sho (G1)
3rd Osaka Hai (G1)

To enter stud 2022 at Shadai Stallion Station.

1 Like

"@Shanthi I did see Phenomenal is still “locked” (“This stud is allowed 0 outside mares”) but is owned by FF. Hoping he can be made available for the 2026 breeding season. "

Just flagging this again. Any chance he can be opened up for breeding please?

3 Likes