Stud Ideas

I have 3 mares I’m breeding in 2013, and I’m looking for good matches.

Flirtatious is a created broodie, and has one foal (by Tiznow) on the ground, and is due with a Dark Continent foal.

Touchdown has raced this past year, and I am retiring her to brood for 2013. She likes mid-length Turf.

Dancing Time is a 4.4 (silver) rated mare, and a Native Dancer granfoal. She has never been raced.

Studs to possibly breed to:
Strike It Rich (2.5k)
Prince of Wonder (2.5k)

It really depends on what your budget it is.  I would always breed to the best that you can afford.  Higher prices doesn’t always mean higher quality, though.  I would imagine you’re probably looking in the $25,000 and under price range, which tends to be the younger stallions or stallions that might throw consistent winners, but not stakes winners.

If you’re willing to take the risk, I would really recommend taking a chance on some of the unproven stallions just coming off the track, or just recently retired within the past couple years.  A lot of them have really nice lines.  It’s your chance to get in on the ground floor before the foals start running and the prices sky-rocket.

Good luck with that Dark Continent baby.  I’m really excited about his get.  =)