Stillwater's 2017 Foals

Charming Silence is nice :slight_smile: I hope you’re okay after surgery!

Thanks!

So far, so good. Quite stiff and achy but that should go away soon.

Finally, a baby! This one’s over two weeks early, though, which means we’re still waiting on a certain mare who’s over a week late…

[color=red]Sares
NCh. Void (B) x Ch. Devil’s Own (G)
7.3h bay filly

Not completely sure on the name, but it’s a character from an episode of a British sci-fi show in the 70s, which came up when I googled “Devil’s Planet”

Half-sister to MSWs Strike Your Fancy, Devil His Due, Hunter’s Hero, Fairy Cat, and Devil’s Price

[color=red]11 Fillies
[color=blue]6 Colts
1 stillborn
57 due

A long-overdue (both gender and time-wise) colt. :slight_smile:

[color=blue]Bountiful Bob
WCh. Strider (G) x GCh. Snowflake - Point Given (B)
9h blue roan colt

Second foal (and colt) from this MSW mare. Only thing I don’t love about him is his colour :wink:

[color=red]11 Fillies
[color=blue]7 Colts
1 stillborn
56 due

Awww blues are pretty! Cute name :slight_smile:

Thanks. :slight_smile:

I’m too partial to greys to go for the roans, though I like blue roan better than strawberry roan. (Yes, I am super picky. :wink:)

I tend to go for black and mahogany/blood bays :slight_smile:

Those are super pretty, too, but sufficiently different from grey that I’m (usually) not wishing they were a nice dark grey, like I am with blue roans (and especially flea-bitten greys! My least favourite, because dapples are my most favourite.)

Does dark grey really exist? I grew up riding, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen one. Not to contradict your love, Shanthi. :wink:

ETA: Looking at Google, it looks like variations on a dark roan. I love the dapples on some of those little ponies! I’ve never seen it in a Thoroughbred, though.

It does exist in that some horses grey out slower than others, and therefore stay “steel grey” for quite some time before lightening up. But yes, the shades of grey in FF exist only because I love greys and think they’re pretty. :wink:

We weren’t expecting any more babies for a couple of weeks, but this one decided to make an early appearance.

[color=red]Rainfall
WCh. What’s Debatable (S) x GCh. Rock Star - Created
8.3h grey filly

Was going to name her Rock Dove but that got taken last week. :wink:

Second foal (and filly) from this MSW mare. This filly is the main reason we bought the mare, given her sire’s recent retirement. Looking forward to how she does on the track.

[color=red]12 Fillies
[color=blue]7 Colts
1 stillborn
55 due

Love the name.

Lovely filly :slight_smile:

Finally, a foal! Not one of the two overdue ones, but at least this guy was due this week.

[color=blue]Playamongthestars
FFCh. TakeMeToHollywood (B) x GCh. Endless Flight (S) - Alydar (S)
9h bay colt

Fourth foal (and colt!) from this MSW mare. Oldest brother (by A.P. Indy) was a stakes winner last year at 2.

[color=red]12 Fillies
[color=blue]8 Colts
1 stillborn
54 due

Awesome name! :slight_smile:

Thanks. :slight_smile: I debated using the name generator, but liked the flow of that name.

Love the name!

Handsome boy and love the name.

Two more babies! :slight_smile: One of our overdue mares, plus another that foaled early.

[color=blue]Sprinkled Ninja
ICh. Magic Glory (S) x Ch. Darling Diplomat - Diplomat
9h bay colt

Third foal from this MSW mare. We own his 2yo half-sister (by Rock of Gibraltar) who will start this year.

[color=red]Enhanced
NCh. Boldness Shows (B) x Ch. Eternity (S) - Black Legend (G)
8.3h light bay filly

Half-sister to MSW Puzzle Whiz and SP Embellished

[color=red]13 Fillies
[color=blue]9 Colts
1 stillborn
52 due

Love Enhanced!