Starfish Stables Stallion Line-up 2014

[color=blue]ICh Magic Glory

Bay stallion by Lonesome Glory (S) out of Magician’s Mystery §

Track Record: Mult. Stakes Winner, Mult. Stakes Placed, Multi-Millionaire

2008 Horse of the Year awards for Older Horse and Older SC Horse

Breeding Ranking: Sire: N/A | Broodmare Sire: N/A

Has been nominated for the Breeders’ Cup for 2014 and will be nominated for Breeders’ Cup and Breeders’ Series for 2015

Winner of the following G1 Stakes Races:-
2008 (3):- Joe Aitcheson (Arlington, 14f SC), Breeders’ Cup SC Sprint (Lone Star, 7f SC), Townsend Prince Breeders’ Stakes (Aqueduct, 13f SC)
2009 (2):- Santa Monica Handicap (Santa Anita, 7f SC), Highland Rogue Stakes (Churchill Downs, 10f SC)

Breeding fee ($10k)
Magic Glory is allowed 20 outside mares this year (max 2 per stable) on a first come first serve basis. He does not need Owner’s approval to breed.

[color=blue]GCh. Major’s Flight

Chestnut stallion by GCh. Jazz It Up (S) out of That’s Debatable (G)

Track Record: Mult. Stakes Winner, Mult. Stakes Placed, Multi-Millionaire

Breeding Ranking: Sire: N/A | Broodmare Sire: N/A

Has been nominated for the Breeders’ Cup for 2014 and will be nominated for Breeders’ Cup and Breeders’ Series for 2015

Racing Highlights:-
2006:- Won Ungr. Hopeful Handicap (Final Furlong, 6f Dirt)
2007:- Won Ungr. Preakness Stakes (Final Furlong, 11f Dirt), 2nd Ungr. Kentucky Derby (Final Furlong, 10f Dirt), 3rd Ungr. Belmont Stakes (Final Furlong, 12f Dirt), 3rd Breeder’s Cup Classic (Final Furlong, 10f Dirt)
2008:- 2nd Gr. 2 San Fernando Breeders’ Cup (Santa Anita, 8f Dirt)
2009:- Won Gr. 3 Spring Gold Cup (England, 13f SC), 3rd Gr. 1 Breeders’ Cup SC Classic (Belmont, 11f SC)

Breeding fee ($5k)
Major’s Flight is allowed 25 outside mares this year (max 10 per stable) on a first come first serve basis. He does not need Owner’s approval to breed.

In addition, Starfish Stables expects to have three brand new Stallions standing at Stud in 2014, based on the new Stallion qualification rules that Shanthi has mentioned implementing. Once this has been confirmed and their Statuses have been changed, their Bios will be included in this Ad.

I’m going to book a spot for my mare Estimated Prophet to Magic Glory in February, if that’s okay :slight_smile:

Not a problem. You don’t need to ask permission to breed to Magic Glory (or Major’s Flight). When breeding season starts, just go into your broodmare’s page and set up the breeding.

Hi Lewis

Can you please slot in a reservation for Dancing Girl to Magic Glory for April 2?
I’ll be travelling for 3 months so would appreciate you slotting this in otherwise I’m sure I’ll forget!

Cheers

Hi Jason,

I have put Dancing Girl down for Mar (3) which apparently starts on Mar 31st. The next slot, Apr (1), starts on April 15th.

I suspect that closer to the time, you will be able to specify a date after Mar 31st (e.g. the April 2nd date you mentioned).

Hope this helps.

Enjoy your travels.

Lewis…

Did you get your other stallions set for breeding yet? I was wondering who they were… I still have a few mares I haven’t figured out who I’m breeding to yet… Thanks for the info…

I have just this morning PM’d Shanthi asking her to please set them up when she has the time.

The four new Stallions that we will have (assuming that Shanthi agrees with my calculations) are:-

[color=blue]NCh. Black Warrior
17.0h Black stallion by What’s It Worth (G) out of Joey Three Socks (S)

Record:- 65(41)-10(8)-10(5)-8(6)-7(6) $1,386,150

2009 (1):- Lightning Stakes (Australia, 5f Dirt)
2011 (1):- Woodford Reserve Turf Classic (Churchill Downs, 8.5f Turf)

Breeding fee ($10k)

[color=blue]GCh. Cool Thief
16.2h Dark Grey stallion by Put it Back out of Keri’s Snowman

Record:- 65(52)-8(7)-2(1)-3(3)-6(4) $2,350,700

2010 (1):- Irish Derby (Ireland, 12f Turf)
2011 (3):- Cantala Stakes (Australia, 8f Dirt), Pimlico Special (Pimlico, 9f Dirt), The Black Breeders’ Stakes (Aqueduct, 11f Dirt - Breeder’s Series Race)

Breeding fee ($15k)

[color=blue]NCh. Golden Text
15.0h Chestnut stallion by A.P. Indy (G) out of Gold Rush (S)

Record:- 65(51)-8(7)-10(10)-7(5)-6(3) $1,214,100

2009 (2):- Nunthorpe Stakes (England, 5f Turf), Beach Shore Stakes (Australia, 7f Dirt)

Breeding fee ($10k)

[color=blue]NCh. Slip In The Mud
15.3h Bay stallion by Mud Route out of Dictates

Record:- 51(36)-13(9)-6(5)-5(3)-2 $2,090,600

2011 (2):- Lightning Stakes (Australia, 5f Turf), Newmarket Handicap (Australia, 6f Turf)
2012 (1):- Manikato Stakes (Australia, 6f Turf)

Breeding fee ($15k)

All four Stallions will be allowed 20 outside mares this year (max 2 per stable) on a first come first serve basis. They do not need Owner’s approval to breed.

hey lewis
sorry - i meant the second half of April (so 16th onwards)
are you able to amend please?

cheers

No problem Jason.

It’s been amended.

The following four Stallions have been added to our Breeding Sheds as of this afternoon. They do not need approval to breed and are all first-come-first-serve. At this moment, their 2015 foals are not BC qualified, but I do plan to fix that. According to the BC Nominations page, the deadline for BC Nominations are Feb 14th, if the Stallion is retired from racing after Feb 14th, they may still be nominated.  However, when I tried to nominate them, the software wouldn’t let me, so I am going to put in a bug report.