Starfish Stables Foals - 2022

Sorry for your loss. The other foals are lovely.

Sorry for your loss, but congrats on the rest!

Sorry about the filly. :frowning:

The other foals are gorgeous.

[color=red]HOGWARTS ALYA
NCh. Hogwarts x Ch. Al Thuraiyeh - ICh. Alley Cat (B)
8.1h bay filly

1/2 sister to [color=blue]Admiral Al, [color=red]Allie’s Navy

[color=blue]FIRST RACE
ICh. First Born Son x Ch. Unbridled Run - WCh. Strider
8.1h blue roan colt

1/2 brother to [color=red]Lap of Honor

[color=blue]SUPER DANCER
GCh. Superdocious x GCh. Veiled Dancer - Rahy (S)
9.1h dark bay colt

1/2 brother to [color=blue]Dance of Fire, [color=red]Tottenham Dancer

[color=blue]WHO’S YOUR SPONSOR
WCh. Sponsored x What’s That About § - WCh. What’s Debatable (G)
9.0h dark bay colt

1/2 brother to [color=blue]NCh. Damn U Autocorrect, [color=blue]ICh. First Born Son, [color=blue]NCh. Magic Roundabout, [color=red]NCh. Unknown Soldier, [color=red]Ch. Amazon Mystery, [color=blue]What’re My Chances

54 out of 121 - [color=blue]26 colts, [color=red]25 fillies, 3 stillborn - 67 still due

Colts have edged back in front. Now only 6 overdue mares. It would be great to get them all here successfully before the March crop (29 expected) are due to arrive.

One more - but not one of the overdue mares. This one is about 2 weeks early.

[color=blue]SUPER MIRACLE
GCh. Superdocious x Ch. Miraculous Love (S) - Satin Romance (B)
8.2h grey colt

1/2 brother to [color=blue]Ch. Eros, [color=blue]Ch. Golden Miracle, [color=blue]Ch. Miracle Flight

55 out of 121 - [color=blue]27 colts, [color=red]25 fillies, 3 stillborn - 66 still due

Beautiful foals, Lewis! I’m impressed by all the names - I have a hard enough time with the small handful I have! Looking forward to the rest of your crop :slight_smile:

Thanks. I try and make sure the name is something related to both the Sires and the Dams names (or at least parts of their names). With some of them, it is pretty easy e.g. [b]Super/b [b]Mirac/bl(ous Lov)e. However, sometimes I have to really stretch the imagination to come up with a suitable name. Every once in a while, nothing comes readily to mind and I’ll have to think of something from my past that had special meaning to me (e.g. an old girlfriend’s nickname or a favorite song or book from when I was younger). I also usually start planning the name from as soon as the breeding takes place so, if nothing comes to mind right away, I have about a year to figure out a name. The danger is that somebody might end up taking a name I had thought up or used a name that was very close to one I had thought up and I’ll have to rethink that name.

Finally, one of the overdue mares decided she had held onto her foal long enough. Still 5 overdue mares left.

[color=blue]OLD GLORY
ICh. First Born Son x Ch. Bonnie Blue Flag (S) - Blue Ensign (B)
9.2h blue roan colt

1/2 brother to [color=red]Ch. Bonnie Tottenham, [color=red]Ch. Bonnie Major, [color=red]Ch. Spurs Park Lane, [color=red]Bonnie’s Flight

56 out of 121 - [color=blue]28 colts, [color=red]25 fillies, 3 stillborn - 65 still due

Awesome name, and lovely colt! Hope the rest of your overdue babies arrive just as healthy.

Two more foals, one from an overdue mare, 4 left.

[color=blue]BLAZE AWAY
NCh. Away The Lads x Ch. All Ablaze - GCh. Highland Laird (S)
8.3h grey colt

[color=blue]WORTHY BOY
NCh. Worthy Victor x Whirlagirl (B) - Whirlaway (G)
7.1h chestnut colt

Full brother to [color=blue]Victor’s Whirl (2021)
1/2 brother to [color=blue]Ch. Crystal Whirl, [color=red]Ch. Lucky’s Girl, [color=red]Ch. Helicopter Flight, [color=red]Ch. Stereotype, [color=red]Small Town Gal

58 out of 121 - [color=blue]30 colts, [color=red]25 fillies, 3 stillborn - 63 still due

One more foal, about 3 weeks early. Still no change with the overdue mares.

[color=red]HOLY MYSTERY
NCh. Holy Warrior x Ch. Must Be A Mystery (G) - GCh. Must Be Magic (S)
8.0h black filly

1/2 sister to [color=blue]GCh. MagicalMysteryTour, [color=blue]Ch. Ministry of Magic, [color=red]GCh. Glory’s Mystery, [color=red]Ch. Must be Glory

59 out of 121 - [color=blue]30 colts, [color=red]26 fillies, 3 stillborn - 62 still due

Lovely filly.

Yay - Another overdue mare finally delivered her foal, nearly 3 weeks late. Both mother and baby doing fine. Still 3 mares overdue.

[color=red]GOLDEN JEWEL
ICh. Calle de Oro x Topaz (G) - Omaha (G)
9.0h black filly

1/2 sister to [color=red]GCh. What a Jewel, [color=blue]GCh. St. Patrick’s Day, [color=red]Ch. Dark Topaz, [color=blue]Ch. Flying Topaz, [color=blue]Ch. Topaz Major

60 out of 121 - [color=blue]30 colts, [color=red]27 fillies, 3 stillborn - 61 still due

Gorgeously bred filly. Congrats!

Lovely filly.

Lovely filly. :slight_smile:

One more overdue mare delivered successfully, leaving 2 more. Mother and daughter doing well.

[color=red]HOGWARTS SUNSET
NCh. Hogwarts x Sunset Prospect (S) - Mr. Prospector (S)
9.1h dark bay filly

1/2 sister to [color=red]Ch. Powerful Sunset, [color=blue]Major’s Prospect, [color=red]Prospective Flight

61 out of 121 - [color=blue]30 colts, [color=red]28 fillies, 3 stillborn - 60 still due

Lovely filly.

One more overdue mare delivered successfully, leaving 1 more. Mother and daughter doing well.

[color=red]HOLLYWOOD LIVES
NCh. LiveLong&Prosper x Ch. Miss Hollywood (S) - Planet Hollywood (S)
10.1h grey filly

1/2 sister to [color=red]GCh. Golden Globes, [color=blue]Ch. Hollywood Power, [color=blue]Ch. Hollywood’s Luck

62 out of 121 - [color=blue]30 colts, [color=red]29 fillies, 3 stillborn - 59 still due

The last of our February overdue mares finally had her foal, Now to wait for the 26 babies expected in March.

[color=blue]ON THE HIGH SEAS
NCh. In The Navy x NCh. Hi Honey - FFCh. Foolhardy (B)
10.1h flea-bitten grey colt

1/2 brother to [color=blue]Ch. Honey’s Victory

63 out of 121 - [color=blue]31 colts, [color=red]29 fillies, 3 stillborn - 58 still due