Starfish Broodmares

Sadly, we lost two of our broodmares recently, just after giving birth to healthy babies.

Major Secret, a 16-year-old chestnut mare, by G.Ch. Major’s Flight out of Leave A Message, died on Mar 18th, 11 days after giving birth to her last foal.

Major Secret won 4 times out of 22 races, earning just over $100k. As a broodmare, she produced 11 foals, 8 of whom have raced so far, with 7 winners. Her foals have average earnings of over $132k and she was Bronze ranked (2.0).

Ch. Minaret, a 17-year-old bay mare, by Assault out of Beyond Imagination, died this morning right after foaling.

Ch. Minaret won 5 times out of 35 races, 2 of which were SW, including the G1 Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Turf. She had final earnings of $1,704,800. As a broodmare, she produced 12 foals, 9 of which have raced so far, all of them winners. 3 of her foals were Stakes Winners, including 2 Multiple Stakes Winners and she produced 1 Millionaire. Her progeny have average earnings of $541,256 and she was Gold ranked (9.4) and was Reine-de-Course (I/C).

They will both be missed.

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss of the mares! Hopefully their babies carry on the legacy!

So sorry to hear about your loss. I hope their foals do good for you.

We are saddened to announce the passing of one of our highest ranked broodmares, Ancient Honour.

She was a 21-year-old dark bay mare, by Charlemagne out of Lady of Honour.

Ancient Honour won 5 times out of 44 races, earning just under $140k. As a broodmare, she produced 13 foals, 12 of whom have raced so far, with all 12 being winners. She has produced 7 SW, of which 6 are MSW and 3 are Millionaires. One of her sons, NCh. Ancient Magic, is standing at Stud at our farm. Her foals have average earnings of over $855k and she was Platinum ranked (11.6) and is Reine-de-Course (I/C).

She was retired from breeding two years ago.

1 Like