Standing At Stud - ICh. Witness - Ivy Creek Farm

Ivy Creek Farm is proud to announce that we are taking reservations for our new stallion, Witness!  I hope you will consider him for your mares.  :slight_smile:

[align=center][color=purple]ICh. Witness
2006 bay stallion standing 15.0hh
Class Act (G) x Time For Truth (S) - False Promises (S)
Will be Breeder’s Cup nominated
2009 3 YEAR OLD COLT OF THE YEAR
FEE: $5,000 LFG

Witness’s fee has been reduced to hopefully gain some more attention.  His 3 crops of racing age are very small (average of only 10 foals), so I’m hoping to change that for him.

ON THE TRACK
ICH. WITNESS is a multiple stakes winning, multiple stakes placed multi-millionaire.  He was voted the Eclipse 3 Year Old Colt for 2009 thanks to his many wins.  His lifetime wins include the Cadbury Guineas (Gr.1), Cox Plate (Gr.1), Eclipse Stakes (Gr.1), Woodford Reserve Turf Classic (Gr.1), Seabiscuit Breeders’ Stakes (Gr.2), Santa Catalina Stakes (Gr.2), Shannon Stakes (Gr.2), Surrey Stakes (Gr.2, hurdles), among others.  He also holds 3 speed records for his efforts, ranging from 5f to 7.5f over turf.  Although he appeared to specialize in turf sprints based on speed records alone, he actually performed equally well over both surfaces and nearly every distance.  He even won two stakes races over hurdles at the end of his career!  He was truly a jack of all trades.  He ran strongly at 2, had his best year at 3, and then began to fade at 4.  He had wins over a variety of distances, from sprints up to 11.5f on turf, and up to 18f over hurdles.  He ran against (and beat each more than once) many now-famous stallions, so the talent is definitely there.  These rivals include: Candidate, Foolhardy, What’s Your Point, and Ring of Fire.

PEDIGREE
ICH. WITNESS is the only son of CLASS ACT (G) left standing at stud now that I’m A Classic (sire of this year’s Derby & Preakness winner, Von Lichtenstein) has retired.  In fact, he is the only stallion standing that carries the Class Act line until the time that Von Lichtenstein retires (he is slated to run in 2017).  This line, particularly through I’m A Classic, has proven to be very successful on the track.  Through the damline, WITNESS also adds another rare line, FALSE PROMISES (S).  He is the only stallion standing from that line as well.  The FALSE PROMISES line has yielded a high percentage of stakes quality foals.

IN THE SHED
ICH. WITNESS has had only 3 small crops to race.  In those 3 crops, he has as many foals as most stallions produce in their first crop.  Even so, he has a number of stakes level runners, including Ch. Arctic Sister (2YO MSW filly, Gr.1), Ch. Saw A Ghost (4YO SW filly, Gr.2), Ch. Saving Grace (3YO SW filly, Gr.3), Ch. Firsthand Account (3YO SP filly, Gr.1), Ch. Big Brother (4YO SP gelding, Gr.1), and Sea No Evil (4YO SP stallion, ung.). Below is a summary of each crop:

2012 (4YO) - Most of these prefer longer distance turf routes, and they appear to peak around the desired 3 years old (some do well at 2 and 3, some at 3 and 4).  The only two non-winners have had only 7 lifetime starts and 1 lifetime start in 3 years, so they really haven’t been given a fair chance.  Including those two, 82% of this crop is a winner or stakes level, and 55% hold a speed record over longer distances (10.5f to 15.5f, mainly over turf).
2013 (3YO) - 67% of runners are winners or stakes level.
2014 (2YO) - 88% are winners or stakes level

[color=purple]ICh. WITNESS would be best suited to produce foals that will peak at 3 years old.  They appear to prefer long distance turf, so consider sending your sprinter mares to him to balance that out.  He is not a tall fellow, so taller mares are preferred.  He will infuse the coveted CLASS ACT lines into your herd.  At only $5,000 and with a live foal guarantee, he’s a good investment.[/align]

BOOKINGS:
FEB 1A - Must Be Royal - Ivy Creek Farm
FEB 1B - Heartbeam - Vaucluse
FEB 2A - Keria Toon - Ivy Creek Farm
FEB 2B - I’m Feelin’ Lucky - Ivy Creek Farm
MAR 1A - Cosmopolitan - Ivy Creek Farm
MAR 1B - Twirlaway - Ivy Creek Farm
MAR 2A - Etta James - Ivy Creek Farm
MAR 2B - Tough Call - Marshall Creek
MAR 3A - Boston Bay - Integrity Racing
MAR 3B - Northern Moon - Generous Bloodstock
APR 1A - Oh So Sharp - Ivy Creek Farm
APR 1B - Running Blind - Ivy Creek Farm
APR 2A - Bravodora - Ivy Creek Farm
APR 2B - Mollycoddle - Generous Bloodstock
MAY 1A - Klondike Nights - Ivy Creek Farm
MAY 1B - Sovereign Song - Ivy Creek Farm
MAY 2A - No Telling - Semiahmoo Stables
MAY 2B - Gone North - Marshall Creek Ranch
JUN 1A - That’s So Funny - Ivy Creek Farm
JUN 1B - Classic Irish - Ivy Creek Farm
JUN 2A - Great Love - Fox Run
JUN 2B - Lucky Fox - Ivy Creek Farm
JUL 1A - Grama’s Prize - Ivy Creek Farm
JUL 1B - Olympic Gold - Ivy Creek Farm
JUL 2A - ? - Stillwater Farms
JUL 2B - Snips and Snails - Fox Run
AUG 1A - Meadowlight - Ivy Creek Farm
AUG 1B - Springwalker - Ivy Creek Farm
AUG 2A - Red Cat - Darkwood Stables
AUG 2B - Devil’s Ruby - Clover Springs

Can I get a May 2 slot for my mare No Telling?
finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=1327
Shes a 16.2hh silver rated mare out of Secret Of Love, she peaked at 3 on turf. Her top foal, Ch. Solo Sunset is a long and short distance turf runner. I think they make a good match :slight_smile:

Got her!

And as a note to everyone:
All of the Ivy Creek bookings are flexible!  I am willing to bump them back to get your mare the spot she needs, so please do not hesitate to ask.

Can I please get a March 2b for Tough Call?

Got her!  Thank you.  :slight_smile:

Any chance of an April spot for Mollycoddle? She’s due early March so if you can squeeze her that’d be great. Don’t worry if not.

And either of the free March spots for Pleasure Cruise.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Can I please get
July 2B for Snips and Snails -16.1
&
June 2A for Great Love -15.3 if that’s tall enough?

thankyou :slight_smile:

Steph-
Yes, those two ladies can have the two spots you requested.  :slight_smile:  Thank you for sending them his way.

Did you still want the spots for Scorpion’s Friend and Slough of Despond, though?  I saw that the messages had been deleted.  I am assuming yes, but wanted to double check.

imagine-
I got the spot for Pleasure Cruise.  I’m trying to see who I can bump back or rebook to clear a spot for Mollycoddle.  :slight_smile:  I will post back in a couple of days for sure on that.  Nevermind!  I figured it out.  :slight_smile:  Got both of them in.

Oops sorry I thought you hadn’t seen that one yet,  I forgot about the shipping costs and those two girls are in Aus so it will be well out of my pricerange to send them over :-\ 

Thanks heaps for the other two though, should be some good turf babies a-comin’  8)

Thanks Alyssa, much appreciated :slight_smile:

Can I please grab that Feb 1B spot for Heartbeam?

Thanks!

I will be retiring Boston Bay to brood in Jan. Can I get the Mar 3A spot for her?

Thnx
WR

To make it easier on those trying to book, I really should have been posting every time I updated the list.

Due to the excitement of booking my own stud (yes, I am far more excited about this than a person probably ought to be about a nonliving thing), I have been logging them almost as they’re happening.  ::)  Whoops.

But yes, everyone is on the books so far.

Thank you guys for believing in my boy!

I’m not sure which mare I’ll send yet, but I’ll snag the July 2 spot please. :slight_smile:

If you have space july/august can I book Red cat for  a spot?
Gwen

I’ll take the other August spot if it’s available for Devil’s Ruby.

I’ve got all 3 booked!
Gwen - as Shanthi took the July 2 spot, is August 2 ok?  If it’s a big issue, I could bump one of my two August 1 spots back and “trade” you.

Wow - a full book!  I’m excited to think what this might do for him.  Think of all those future pretty babies!
And to think I was worried about him not getting any girlfriends…

RED CAT
She’s due beginning of june so any spot will do thanks!
Gwen

If you have any open up, I would like to send Gone North for a late May/early June breeding - baby would be a full sib to MSW Artic Sister

To all who have booked to Witness:

I have nominated him for the Breeder’s Cup, so that’s official.
Also, I have updated his bookings, so they are specified to the mare you selected (except Shanthi).  Let me know if there are any issues/concerns!

And DukeItOut - I bumped my own mare off the list to make room for Gone North, as I would really like to see that full sibling happen!  I have been monopolizing him anyway.  :stuck_out_tongue: