Stallion suggestions?

I’m a bit at a loss as to where to send Red Hot Heels (NCh. Boldness Shows x Day of Passion). This mare raced 9 times between 2 and 5, never placing below 3rd. She pretty much exclusively ran under 7.5 furlongs, on both dirt and turf. She has one racing filly right now who was placed at 2 and hasn’t been taking well to longer distances at 3.

I’m not sure what to make of her, but I definitely want to breed her–trying to replicate three years of 100% OTB sounds good to me. Any suggestions for a stallion?

Looking at her granddam Bold Move, her daughters seemed to produce MSW’s with Giant’s Causeway (Sionnach), Lit de Justice (French Ruby), and Jazz It Up (All That Appeal, AndLikeThatHesGone, Superdocious, Quintet). At least with studs who have sons or grandsons at stud.

The only Boldness Shows daughters to produce MSW’s were with Candidate (Turnpike Wannabe) and the create Yes It’s Paddy (other create studs: American Pharoah, Authentic, Belanso, California Chrome, Dubawi, Frankel, Knicks Go, Nyquist, Talismanic, Thunder Snow).

1 Like

My first bred foals are only hitting the track in two years so can’t tell if I’ll be any good at matching breeding pairs yet, but I’ll give it a try anyway. :wink:

If you’re looking for a stallion to match her specialties (longer peak, shorter distances), I think Fivel, Tense Imagination and Northern Invasion look nice. Maybe Quirky Scent too, but he didn’t race at 2.

1 Like

Are Create horses considered related for breeding purposes? I didn’t know that, I figured they had sort of a random assortment of traits.

These are all good suggestions! I was already thinking about Quintet, since I haven’t sent anyone else to him, so I might go with him this year. Thanks guys!

I don’t consider the creates related, but more like a “blank slate” when it comes to breeding. Sometimes a no-cross is a good cross.

Unfortunately Fivel is fully booked. I know several stallions are down to just July/August openings.