Stallion Suggestion Please!

Good Afternoon!

I’m still new to the game and this coming year will be my first full season breeding mares.  I recently picked up a new broodmare and was looking for some stallion suggestions for her! She was a turf sprinter it seems by looking at her record.  I’m thinking of breeding her to a turf sprinting stallion or if someone has a better suggestion, I’m all ears!

This is the mare in question!
[color=red]Ch.I’m No Dummy

Thank you!
Nicole

Took a look at her track record, and it looks to me that though she was more heavily raced on turf/sprint, she may have had the potential to do more on other surfaces/distances. That being said, you might try a Cross Roads descended stud. A Cross Roads-Smart Strike cross has produced a MSW. First Born Son looks pretty good with her to me.

One of my strategies with breeding is to copy what has worked before. Since your mare doesn’t have any foals racing yet I took a look at her dam who has produced two other champions, by As You Wish and Nightfight. It doesn’t look like As You Wish has any sons who are standing at stud, but Nightfight has several. It appears that most of Nightfight’s sons preferred dirt, but Fight the Twilight looks to have liked both turf and dirt, and he holds a speed record for 9.5f on turf. He’d probably add some stamina to your mare, so you might get a mid distance type horse. Just my two cents and good luck with her! :slight_smile:

Thank you both for the advice and suggestion! It’s greatly appreciated! If anyone else wants to chip in, feel free.  I haven’t made a solid decision on which stud yet.