Spending past the limit

I didn’t think it was intentional cause it is barely over the limit. I didn’t know if the rule was hard and fast, or a little flexible when on accident and it is close to the maximum amount. Really I think the auctions are extremely fair. The limit set on two of the sales really help the small stables. :slight_smile:

I strongly suggest that if people are happy about the auction you all stop whining about it :wink:. No, most of you aren’t so everyone doesn’t need to chime in with the “we love Shanthi” posts unless you think Shanthi is feeling unloved :wink:. But whining about stuff like this is what killed the newbie auction and we’ll just nix the rest of them as well and everybody can do stuff through the for sale page/forum auctions if people act like 5yos about everything.

No, because then it wouldn’t be a “rule”. In the future, assuming I don’t have time/desire to change the code to “force” people to behave, if I have to go in and unsell horses by hand because people are too lazy to figure out how many horses they’re buying or for how much money, I will take away the horse and fine the stable as well.

Andrea - Live auctions would be great (I’ve been involved on other forums with similar) but with the game being global :shock: it would make it very hard across all our different time zones :lol:

By and large I feel the auction (and the game in general) works really well, just the odd little glitch :stuck_out_tongue: here and there. Nothing to stress about

Guys,

The last thing u need to be worrying about is a minor glitch in the auctions. Auctions are a privelege, not a right, and as seen before, if there are way too many complaints, they will discontinue the auction. If I were u, I would just be glad that you had the oppurtunity to place bids on ANY horses. It would be a shame to lose yet another auction because some people aren’t happy with every aspect of it. I have no complaints whatsoever, and am very glad I had a shot at getting a new horse or two. :smiley: Thanks.

Ha ha ha Sange you out bid me on the main horses I wanted… But the auction seems to work fine, I can see how people can over bid as you also must plan for loosing the ones you want.

lol, im sorry about that, i had some horses picked out months ago, and a couple of them i really wanted. Perhaps down the line, if possible, i can offer you a foal from one of the females i bought. That would be a long time off though. But, I’ll make a note about it if u were interested. Anyways, you brought up a good point in regard to the overspending issue. I had expected to lose a couple of horses as there was lots of interest in them. So, at one point I may have been past the spending limit, but was outbid before the purchase went through. It is a little difficult to estimate what ur max bid should be when u are bidding on multiple horses. I just decided to place a higher max on the horses that I really wanted and thought were a decent price. Good luck with your stable, and I hope that you get a horse that you like from the auction. :slight_smile:

Aw it’s ok. and thank you for the offer.

So we’ll see how the rest of the auction pans out.

Well I actually totally forgot about the weanling/yearling auction until the other day and forgot to put in some of my weanlign fillies, so they will likely be sold next year instead :wink:

I did manage to steal a nice weanling colt away from Cat though :wink: hehe

Lindsay

Shanthi / Andrea

I’m sorry. I have fat fingers on my calculator and I have made an error. I have over committed, and honestly, I have gone over budget and need to pull out of bidding for a horse. If possible, could I be scratched of Misty Morning please?? :astonished:ops: :astonished:ops:

I am sooo sorry for this as I know how frustrating it is. :astonished:ops: :cry:

Assuming I’m adding things correctly, you have bids/purchases totaling $79,500. If, at the time of purchasing a horse, you cannot afford it, the auction will delete your bid for you. Otherwise, the bid will stand, regardless of whether this leaves you with $1 or $10,000 in your budget.

I think there have been a total of 5 stables so far who’ve required me to unsell/fix bids by hand in the database. (This is out of approx. 45 stables bidding, which is over 11%!! :shock: )

I will not tolerate this in future auctions. I originally let people have bids totalling more than the spending limit for their convenience. However, if people refuse to honor that priviledge by keeping track of their bid amounts, and/or using the max bid feature in a sensible manner, I will change the auction to only allow open bids/purchases that are less than or equal to the spending limit for the auction.

This is ridiculous, people. I think the youngest members in this game are 11 or 12, and even that’s old enough to be able to add up 5 numbers and come up with an accurate total.

I noticed, Lindsey. Darn you for taking advantage of me in my pre-finals/papering madness.

Anytime you care to part…

Shanthi,

I know I asked earlier if you could cancel my bid on Misty Morning because I thought I had over budgeted, but I got the impression with your answer that it would stand and I hadn’t gone over budget at all. I was watching the count down on the auction, and I had the bid right up to the end, but now it says the horse was bought by Final Furlong :?