Slow development this summer (...obviously...)

So…yeah, I haven’t had as much time to devote to writing code as I’d like.

I was having leg surgery/recovering this spring, and now I’ve started a new job, have moved to a new flat (thankfully done, but learning the new neighbourhood is time-consuming), planning a wedding (also time-consuming), and may have more leg surgery later this summer/fall.

I’m hoping to get more code done soon, but can’t/won’t make any promises.

How you can help: Offer feedback on stuff as it gets done. :slight_smile: Even if it’s just “I love x feature because of a, b, and c”, that’s helpful for motivation purposes. And if it’s “feature x is good, it would be even better if it did a and b”, that’s helpful for me to know how to tweak things. The main thing is getting feedback of some sort, though, :slight_smile: it’s a bit demoralising to work on a feature and then announce it and…crickets

Well haven’t looked at the site for a while but loving the fact the little Info icons on the horse pages don’t run away from my mouse now

Ha! Yes, that was annoying me and I finally figured out the (easy) fix a while ago.

That leg surgery sounds serious! Get better soon. I’ll try to get the horse pics done next month, maybe it will boost your motivation. :wink: Good luck with everything!

Thanks! January/February were a bit hairy, but I’m back on my feet now. :slight_smile: And luckily, I only have two hips so can only have one more surgery (eventually). Until technology catches up with my dreams and I can become a full cyborg, anyway.

Yay! I was wondering what happened to you. When you’ve been online, you’ve been idle for 12+ hours. Figured you were busy with wedding stuff. I’m glad you have other positive things going on too (job, new apartment).

I haven’t checked out the site recently, but I’ll give it a good look over sometime this weekend.

Not an update but I like that you can view unborn foals in a list. I would really like to keep created horses though, even if you make them cost a lot more points as I love that they bring fresh blood. That way we could have only a few and they would be worth more

Created horses won’t be going away entirely - new stables will still get a pair of created horses when they join, and (if needed) FF will generate them to fill claiming races.

Sounds like things are pretty hectic. Glad to hear you’re making a good recovery though.