Silver Pond Farm's 2016 Foals

[color=blue]Rigel (GCh. Starzen x Revlon (Bold Ruler))
Mahogany bay colt- 8.3h

This boy was a few days early, but we’re very happy to kick off our crop with such a handsome and healthy foal! He’s the second foal from his dam, who we crossed with a son of Seeing Starz in an attempt to mimic the cross that produced her half brother, NCh. The Fighting Fifty. It’ll be interesting to see what comes of this breeding; I named him after one of the brightest stars in the constellation Orion. Revlon is off to see I’m A Classic next.

Whoo astronomy-related names. =)  Good luck with the bugger.

Thanks! Google is definately my friend for finding such names. :slight_smile:

good luck with the cross, I love his name.

Lets hope he’s the brightest star on the track

We had another arrival yesterday morning:

[color=red]Better Than Gold (WCh. Crystal Rainbow x Consequence (Lonesome Glory))
Chestnut filly- 8.1h

This lovely little girl is the second foal from her dam, who didn’t do much on the track but has some nice bloodlines, being by Chef-de-Race Lonesome Glory and out of a MSP mare. With the addition of Crystal Rainbow, who is becoming quite a nice sire, we’re excited to see what comes from this cross. Consequence is off to visit Candidate next.

Love the name. :slight_smile:

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Nice filly, wow on the name

Thanks to school I’ve gotten behind on announcing our newest arrivals, so here they are now!

[color=red]Shebreakstherules (GCh. Secretsarebound x Alydar’s Frolic (Alydar))
Grey filly- 10h
It’ll be interesting to see how this girl develops given her bloodlines. Her dam is a stakes winner over the jumps, while her sire only raced on the flat and has had only a few offspring race. Not sure about the name, but I haven’t really had time to ponder it. Alydar’s Frolic has been bred to Magic Glory.

[color=red]Bloodstained (NCh. The Fighting Fifty x War Diamond (War Admiral))
Bay filly- 9h
This is another interesting cross, one that we’re very excited to see what comes of it! Her dam has produced none other than ICh. SpectacularDiamond and has a son who is stakes placed. Her sire is still pretty young, but looks to be promising. Again, not quite sure on the name. War Diamond has been bred to Foolhardy (we’re already super excited for that cross!).

[color=blue]I’ll Be There (WCh. I’m Your Angel x Confirmative (Affirmed))
Dark bay- 9.1h
We’re also excited about this boy, who boasts a strong pedigree. His dam didn’t do much on the track, but has strong silver lines. I’m Your Angel is becoming quite a nice sire, and this boy has a full sibling who is stakes placed. Confirmative will be seeing Seattle Sorcerer next.

Congrats on your foals! Good luck with your I’m Your Angel baby!

Nice foals, I like the name Bloodstained, perhaps Secret Frolic for the other filly (though I like the name she has now too

I like Shebreakstherules. :slight_smile: