Silly but...

…my favourite horse in training, Shaweel, makes his first racecourse appearance for 2010 on Thursday(all being well). None of my friends are horsey so thought here was as good as anywhere to post  :slight_smile: I looked after his dam as a 3yo and have followed this one, her first foal, since he sold as a yearling. Having run quite well as 2yo he joined Godolphin at 3 and was quite disappointing last year but did have an injury midseason so hopefully a bit of a break will have done him good. First try over 9 furlongs at the new track at Meydan in Dubai so please everyone keep your fingers crossed for him  :smiley:

Best of luck to Shaweel…not the soundest but talented… I am not sure he’ll stay 9 furlongs…

I tend to agree with you…might be a bit far for him. Half-brother to the dam is a sprinter although he’s by Choisir. Dam was useless though really and Dansili was a miler so I would think 9f is as far as he’d want really. As long as he comes back in one piece, that’s good enough for me.

Bit of an old thread to resurrect but Shaweel sired his first winner today :slight_smile: a 2yo filly, first time out and only a maiden race but I’ve always had a real fondness for this horse so pleased to see him make a nice start.