Shipping

Shanthi,

Just a couple of things to think about for the future.

Would it be possible to have the software give a discount for shipping more than one horse to the same venue at the same time? I have just shipped four horses from my Stables to Dubai and it was $20,100 each and I was just wondering how easy would it be to set up the software where if more than one horse was being shipped from Track A to Track B then you would be charged the full amount for the first horse and the others would be charged a discounted rate, say 50-75%?

In addition, if you are shipping more than one horse from one place to another on the same day, it is quite time consuming having to go in and ship them one at a time. Is there a way that you could set it up where you make the choices for each horse on the first screen as to where they are to go then click on the Ship button then the next screen could show all horses to be shipped also the cost, travelling time. etc (as it does now) and then you could confirm hem all or go back to the first screen to change any that are wrong.

If you were able to do the second suggestion, it might make the first suggestion easier to program?

As far as the second suggestion, it’s already been suggested before.  I think it’s both a) difficult to code and b) low on the list of priorities, as far as I remember.  So, it may become a reality one day, but I don’t think that day is anytime soon.

Both of my suggestions were along the lines of “they would be nice if they could be done but I’m not going to lose any sleep over them if they aren’t”.

Yep, but I was just pointing out that at least one of them had already been discussed and that the ETA of that feature, while it would come eventually, would not be in the near future.  I meant to be helpful, I’m sorry if it didn’t come across that way.