Shipping Times & Costs

There is a form that you will use to ship your horse.

It will be active in 2011.

OkThanks!

Looked through but couldnt find it and i might of missed it at the end of this yr shipping will apply for next yr will our horses return to our “home” stables at the end of this yr or will they remain at the last track they raced at?

They will be at the last track they raced at.

I have what may be a stupid question but i do need to know the answer so i can plan some strategies for next year. While i expect to keep my horses in the US for the main part of the year, I will bring some (or all) of them back to England to race here. Will they count as “at the racetrack” for training and regaining energy or will they be “at their home stable”? I believe that a horse will only regain natural energy in its own stable, not at a racetrack, similarly i think I read that a horse can’t be trained while at “home” but only on the racetrack. So where will my horses be while they are in England? Or can they be moved from “England home” to “England racetrack”? I would obviously like to race them here but also take advantage of the chance to give them a rest and recovery period.
I hope this makes sense!
if there is a thread with this information, appologies  :-[ i have skim read a lot of posts but can’t find an exact answer.

Horses can be moved from the farm (in England, for you) to the racetrack (in England).  Any time horses are at a racetrack, they lose natural energy.  Any time a horse is at the farm, they gain natural energy.

How do you bring your horse back to the farm?

Also, if a horse is injured, right now, and I want to bring it “home”, how do I do that?

You can’t.  Not until next year.

I have a problem.
I want to ship my horse from England to Australia, and it does not even show up on the ship to drop down bar.
Does not even show for any of my stateside horses.
There is no racing in England for 3 months and I would like to try and run him.
Thanks,
Brenda

Check the shipping page…shipping from England to Aus. costs $27,000, which you don’t have.  Once you can afford the shipping fee, you can ship your horse.

OUCH!!

Guess I have 3 months to get him back in shape.

Shanthi,

Is the shipping program adding a day to the “ship and cost” of a horse moving from a farm to the tracks outside of there home base track? An example would be from my farm outside Woodbine to Aqueduct. Normally it’s a 2 day ship between the two and now I see it’s three!

Myles

Yes, whenever a horse is shipped to/from a farm, it takes an extra day.  (Hence shipping from farm A to farm B, both in NY, taking 3 days).

Thanks    :smiley:

This part confuses me.  No training at home?  ???

“Farm” in the game is defined as a breeding farm only.  Thus, there are no tracks on which to workout at the farm.

So to train I would have to move the horses to a track nearby?  Even if not entered in a race…can that be done?  I have two nearby tracks to choose from.

(sorry…gonna be a million dumb questions for a couple of weeks.  :-[ )

Yep, you can ship them to a track without them being entered in anything. Just use the shipping page that links from your stable’s home page and ship them wherever you want them to train at.

Thank you!  ;D