Shipping Times & Costs

Wow cool, this is exciting. Stable divisions… Cooooool… :slight_smile:

Key word for stable divisions being if. :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha, I chose to take more notice of the when:stuck_out_tongue: Either way, I think the shipping is going to make Final Furlong a lot more realistic. It’ll also make it kinda cool when say the champion racers of Australia, England and the USA all have a meeting annually at say Dubai… Very interesting… :wink:

I am interested to see how it ends up working, but I have a fear it will make it somewhat less realistic for non-champion horses. Reason being, that with only 25 races split over multiple geographies, it will be hard to find a good “fit” for your horse without incurring travel costs. So my horse that runs allowance sprints may have to travel quite a bit to run with any regularity, whereas normally, it would be able to stay at one track for a whole racing session.

Ideally, assuming the revamped race code is stable/well-behaved (:roll:), I would like to have 100 races per week instead of 50. All of the additional races would be allowance level or lower, which would allow horses to stay at one track longer.

Also, you can use training to keep up a horse’s fitness if waiting for a race in the future, so if you don’t want to spend the money to ship your horse elsewhere for a month, you can spend the time training the horse instead.

Great, that will make a huge difference.

Does your whole racing string have to be at one track or can you have a few here a few there a few overseas, etc??

No, horses can be at different tracks.

Oh yay!!! Thanks for the quick response Shanthi!! This make planning future races a LOT easier!!! Thanks Again!

WOW… It’s realy great and will make FF that much more realistic. I love this site and what you people are doing to make it even better. :slight_smile: I’m glad Santa Anita is here. :wink: That’s the closest to me.

Hey Shanthi, it sounds great, and yes, it will kill smaller stables (like me) but flying horses isn’t cheap, I’ve done it before, not alot of fun.

I do have a question though. How will shipping be affected by the restrictive quarrentine in Australia? Or is that a RL attribute we won’t be added to FF in the future? I’m sure Jase could fill you in on the whole quarrentine thing in Aussie, I know it threw a wrench into equestrian preps for the 2000 Sydney Olympics. But then again, I’m not that familiar with Australian importation regulations so it may not apply and this is a wasted post.

Anyway, just thought I’d ask.

Quarantine won’t be an issue in FF, as horses don’t get sick.  :wink:

Are you sure, I think some of mine are mentally ill at times :wink:

Are these implemented at this time or is this going to take place in the future??

I think that answers your question. :slight_smile: So no, it’s not being used at this time.

hey thanks! that really helps

I’ve had a good read through this thread and before I decide where to hang my hat i’d just like  to ask something. I’m based in UK, I’d prefer to stay here but I presume I could “move” to the US if it seemed more practical - is this so?
i see you will be adding more races at the various tracks - will there be extra races in the UK as well? also I think you only run races here for 3 months of the year, is that going to stay the same?
if it does will I be able to ship horses over to the US for racing during other times of the year and leave them there?
I see the comment about returning horses back to their home stables to gain “natural energy” Its the first time I have seen this term used. presumably you are in effect giving your horse a break (holiday/vacation) to allow a return of enthusiasm and have some rest.  is there any indication of when a horse will need this or is it a matter of trying to work it out?
I have other questions too but will save them for another time!

As long as you haven’t set your stable location yet, you can pick whatever location you would like.

Yes.

Not likely…I may add another week or two of non-stakes races, but the basic 3-month schedule for Europe will remain the same.

Yes.

That’s right. :slight_smile:

Not really, other than decreased performance in races/workouts, and common sense (if your horse has spent the last 6 months racing every week and shipping over 4 continents, he’s gonna be tired).

How are we supposed to ship our horses over to another track?
And,  does it work yet?