SC Studs

I’m looking for a stallion who did really well at SC or has thrown good SC foals for my leased mare, Ch. Kilburn Kate. Earlier the breeding, the better (and preferably stateside, NY studs even more preferred). Looking at fees under 20k and I’m always willing to look at unproven boys.

Starzen I think would be a good one

My boy, Doodles had an excellent career at the jumps. His first crop hit the track this year.

I own his mom! :slight_smile:

I generally try and look at what’s done well - so in this case, SC Eclipse Awards.

Moonover Boy - son Moonopoly stands for $5,000
Highland Pride - son Clockstopper stands for $10,000
Highland Wizard - son Silver Wizard stands for $5,000
Highland Magic - stands for $50,000, son Spock stands for $35,000
Slew O’Scots - stands for $25,000, son Mantle of Power stands for $10,000
Cryptic Ballad - stands for $5,000
Doodles - stands for $5,000
Latino Mix - stands for $2,500

Several nice SC horses have been by Point Given, who stands for $50,000

That’s just a few I’ve run across when looking for jumping studs.

I think I’ll choose between Mantle of Power and Doodles since they fit my bill best. Plus I have this weird thing where I try to get diversity into my herd, so I already have x-number of Silver Wizard’s expected and so forth. I love Clockstopper and I’ve wanted to send a girl to him for quite some time, but he’s all the way in Australia and I’m not up for spending an extra 20k on that. If I was a multi-millionaire, sure!

Thanks for everyone’s help!

My boy Gilded Saint has an eclipse award even, but he’s in England  this season,but if you want to keep him in mind for next season, I’ve also got  couple of bms for sale in foal to him

I’m trying to whittle down my broodmare herd a little, but thanks! I went with Mantle of Power.