Sakura Springs 2026 Foals

DEVIL’S GOT IT
NCh. Devil’s Heir x She’s Got It - NCh. Mr. Prospective
8.3h brown filly

Bred to be an all-rounder. Older half sister She’s No Fool (I’m No Fool) debuts this year.

She’s Got It never managed to do much on the track, but I felt like she had strong bloodlines and didn’t really get a fair chance in her career. Interested to see if I was right in the next couple years.

She’s Got It heads home for a date with Tense Imagination next.

8 Colts | 11 Fillies | 1 Stillborn | 40 Still Due

5 Likes

Another girl for the Executive Session family!

MARQUET
NCh. LiveLong&Prosper (B) x Ch. Limelight (P) - GCh. Stagehand (S)
8.3h dapple grey filly

This pretty little grey is the 7th foal (6th filly!) for Limelight. Marquet is a D&D reference, named after the current setting of the newest season of Critical Role (and the setting for the game my friends and I will be playing today).

Marquet is 1/2 siblings with 100% winners, including NCh. Fractal and stakes placed Ermine Order. This family seems to do their best running at around 3 and 4 years old, so it’ll probably be a while before the little one finds her feet.

Limelight heads to Flames of Passion next.

8 Colts | 12 Fillies | 1 Stillborn | 39 Still Due

6 Likes

LONÁN
ICh. Starling (S) x NCh. Aria - FFCh. TakeMeToHollywood (S)
9.2h black colt

Super excited to see this big boy in the barn this morning! The name Lonan is supposedly an Irish name meaning “little blackbird.” In some mythos, blackbirds are considered good omens and thought to possess the energies of mysticism and magic.

This is the first foal for MSW/MSP/Multi-Millionaire Aria. Though a bit of a late bloomer, Aria managed 10 stakes wins out of 36 starts, including the BC Mile in both 2023 and 2024. She also managed a speed record in the ungraded 6f turf Irish O’Brien Stakes. Really looking for a solid classic turf runner in the new boy. He is also a Sire/BM Sire sibling to Ch. Common Nighthawk.

Aria heads home to Powerful Soul next. (She did miss her late Feb. booking, though, so if anyone has a mare who could use the spot, let me know!)

9 Colts | 12 Fillies | 1 Stillborn | 38 Still Due

7 Likes

Lovely colt.

1 Like

Feeling a little less creative with names, but the last of the January babies FINALLY made their entries into the world.

CRAZY IVAN
NCh. Space Chips (S) x Fine Trick - GCh. Harvard Bound (B)
9.2h bay filly

Not sure if this is an odd name for a filly, but the name was inspired by the sci-fi show Firefly. A “Crazy Ivan” is a Firefly-class ship maneuver the main characters use to escape capture by a faster and better-armed ship.

Fine Trick is a half-sister to Platinum-ranked Limelight through Executive Session. Though Fine Trick wasn’t terribly exceptional on the track, she has good bloodlines, so hoping she honors the broodmare trend in her family. Crazy Ivan is her first live foal.

Fine Trick heads to Dark Debate next.

SHAMANIC
Talismanic x Lillyofthevalley - ICh. Stressed (B)
9.1h dark bay colt

This is the third foal (and colt) for this MW/MP dam. The oldest brother, Awayinthevalley (Away The Lads), makes his debut this year.

Lillyofthevalley’s next date has yet to be officially decided but we’re looking at Von Lichtenstein next.

TALISMANIC WISH
Talismanic x Wish For Ribbons - WCh. As You Wish (B)
8.3h dark bay colt

This boy’s two oldest siblings, Wistful and Last Wish, are both winners but have been less than stellar on the whole. 2YO sibling Sponsored Ribbons was sold to Black Briar in our most recent auction, so will be interesting to see how siblings not part of the Sakura Springs team do.

Wish For Ribbons heads to LiveLong&Prosper next.

11 Colts | 13 Fillies | 1 Stillborn | 35 Still Due

6 Likes

Lovely foals! Especially Talismanic Wish! (I’m a bit partial to the damline :laughing:) Last Wish came in 2nd in his last race :blush: hoping he keeps it up! We’re also excited to see how both his younger siblings run.

1 Like

Haha, I love Crazy Ivan :smiley:

1 Like

Lovely colts. I just noticed Shamanic is out of my old homebred, Lillyofthevalley, then noticed she already had 3 foals. :scream:

1 Like

Tell me about it! Limelight was one of the first foals born in my stable after I started playing FF, and she’s got 7 foals and 1 grand-foal. I’m sure there are others in the game who have been around longer (aside from Shanthi, obviously), but it’s always strange to think about how much time has passed.

One of my starter mares, Choreographer, has long since passed but she now has grandfoals via THREE daughters and it’s wild to think about. She actually gave me my first homebred SW, and he was born in FF 2011. Has it really been 15 years?!

2 Likes

BLUE JEAN EXPRESS
WCh. Express Yourself (G) x Blue Jean Devil - ICh. Devil His Due
9.1h blue roan colt

This one wanted out early. He was originally due on Mar. 10, but he’s already so big!

Blue Jean Devil heads to Honeydukes next.

12 Colts | 13 Fillies | 1 Stillborn | 34 Still Due

5 Likes

AILANTHUS
GCh. Northern Invasion x Ch. Wooden Approval - NCh. Void (S)
8h bay colt

First foal for SW/SP mare Wooden Approval.

Ailanthus is the scientific name for the “Tree of the Gods,” an invasive species of tree in the US. It is known for thriving in adverse conditions and produces a chemical that prevents other plants from competing for space. With a sire named Northern Invasion and a dam named Wooden Approval, I thought the name was only fitting. Plus, it just sounded cool. Lol.

This is a test combo between a turf-strong mare and a dirt-strong stallion. Going for an all-rounder, hopefully. Ailanthus is another Mar. 10 due date who decided he had waited long enough.

Wooden Approval heads home to Powerful Soul next.

13 Colts | 13 Fillies | 1 Stillborn | 33 Still Due

7 Likes

Love the name!

1 Like

Another March baby got impatient. We have no more foals due in February, but apparently not everyone got the memo. Lol.

CHARM THE DEVIL
NCh. Daredevil Dan (S) x Like a Charm - Silver Charm (B)
8.1h bay filly

Third live foal for MW/MP dam. Her oldest, Highland Charm (Lake Highlands), debuts this year.

Like a Charm heads to Franco Classico next.

13 Colts | 14 Fillies | 1 Stillborn | 32 Still Due

5 Likes

CANDY CHARM
GCh. Honeydukes x Ch. Talisman (S) - WCh. Nightfight (G)
Bred by Black Storm West
8.3h chestnut filly

Talisman heads to Bells Beach next.

13 Colts | 15 Fillies | 1 Stillborn | 31 Still Due

3 Likes

Cute name! Congrats on the Honeydukes filly.

1 Like

A bittersweet morning today. Four foals were born overnight, but one of my favorite mares didn’t survive the ordeal.

HUNTER’S CLASSIC
NCh. Franco Classico x Minor Deer - GCh. Tottenham Hotspur
8.3h dark grey colt

Third foal (and colt!) for this MW/MP mare. Her oldest, Pocket Pistol (Gun Runner), debuts this year.

Minor Deer heads to Calle de Oro next.

WORTHY ROMANCE
NCh. Worthy Victor (S) x Ava Adore - NCh. Hidden Destiny
8.3h dark bay filly

This is the first foal for SW/MSP Ava Adore. Bred for turf at the sprint and classic levels.

Ava Adore heads to Fool To Be Smokin’ next.

PIRATE SOUL
GCh. Powerful Soul x Ch. Dread Pirate - WCh. As You Wish (B)
9h black filly

This was the second foal and first filly for MSW/MSP Dread Pirate, who did not survive. Purchased from Hidden Oak Farm for $9,500 in 2021, Dread Pirate went on to garner wins between her 3-5YO years, including 3 stakes races as a 5YO. She also placed 3rd in the 2023 BC Filly & Mare Turf behind Blackwind and Marchioness. She retired with earnings of over $730k.

Powerful Soul was also a turf monster in his 5YO year, so I’m looking forward to seeing what Pirate Soul is able to accomplish over the long haul. Incredibly sad to see Dread Pirate go, but at least she left behind a beautiful filly with a lot of promise to carry on her legacy.

Dread Pirate’s colt, Twilight Wanderer (Worthy Victor), will debut next year as a 2YO.

AUTHENTIC EVENING
Authentic x Enchanted Evening (S) - ICh. Highland Pride (S)
9.1h bay filly

This is the 12th foal for Enchanted Evening, who was auto-retired after the birth at the age of 17. Out of 12 foals she currently has 8 runners, 7 of whom are winners and 3 of whom are stakes winners.

14 Colts | 18 Fillies | 1 Stillborn | 1 Mare Death | 1 Mare Retired | 27 Still Due

5 Likes

So sorry about your mare :frowning:

1 Like

So sorry to hear about your mare lovely filly though!

1 Like

Sorry to hear about Dread Pirate, she was such a nice mare. :cry: But it’s good that she left you a filly to keep her legacy going strong!

1 Like