RIP Red Sand

Today our old girl Red Sand (Red Wind x Sunset Beach) passed away at 23 after two years enjoying her time as a fat and sassy grandma. She had 17 foals and her last foal hit the ground in 2022. Though she herself was an unremarkable racer (1 start, 0 OTB), she was a fantastic dam. Five foals were SW, four were MSW, two were millionaires. She ended her life a silver ranked mare with Reine-de-Course (I/C) honors. We own many of her foals and many find success as they age. Her top foals include NCH. Fleet Wind, GCH. Outlasting, CH. Wild County, CH. Rocks into Rivers, and CH. The Red Romance. She will be missed but has many daughters to hopefully carry on her legacy.

3 Likes

Sorry for your loss, but at least she leaves behind many daughters! We actually own a MSW grandson, Dawn Will Come, through her daughter Rainy Day Morning. He won the G1 Eclipse Stakes this year.

2 Likes

Shelbie that is the most fantastic news. I had no idea! Congratulations with his success. I hope it continues.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I did lease a granddaughter Red Sky Warning for a little while. I liked her!

1 Like