Rainbow Quest, 10/17/2011

I went out to the barn this morning to check on the horses and let them out to pasture only to discover our retired stallion Rainbow Quest in obvious pain and discomfort on the floor of his stall rolling and sweating. Sadly the stable vets tried to save our poor ‘Big Red,’ but he passed away early this morning from a case of severe colic.

He will join his past stable mates in the small cemetery on the farm. Quest will be sadly missed, but will live on in the hooves of his many offspring including:

Multiple Stakes Winning:
NCh. Nation’s Colors, Ch. Golden Approval, WCh. Crystal Rainbow, GCh. In Watercolor, NCh. National Post, GCh. Rainbow Time, GCh. Perchance to Dream, NCh. Lord of Luck, GCh. Rainbow Connection, WCh. Oscuro Arco Iris, GCh. In The Know, NCh. Fingerprints, and Ch. Iron Man.

Sire of 7 Stakes Winners, 10 Stakes Placers, and 14 Winners.

[align=center]R.I.P. My Good Friend[/align]

Poor boy, he was a really nice stud.

Oh man, yeah he was a very nice stud, very sad to hear he’s gone. :frowning:

Sorry to hear about such a loss. Hopefully his legacy will grow and become even greater.

Oh no!  I’m so sorry for your loss, he was a really great stud. :frowning:

I’m very sorry to hear of your loss.

Even as a “newbie” I knew about this boy, and I’m sincerely sorry to hear that he’s passed.  :'(

I know that his babies and grandbabies and great grandbabies will do him proud, though… :’)

R.I.P. Rainbow Quest… your legacy will live on through your get!

:astonished: I got chills reading that! It’s so sad to hear that =( He was one of my favorites.
RIP Quest

Poor Quest. He really was a good stud.  :frowning: