R.I.P. Kinda Sassy

We are saddened to announce the passing of one of our most successful mares.

Sassy wasn’t a superstar on the track, only 5 wins in 42 starts, but, as a broodmare, she really came into her own.

In a stellar breeding career, she produced 12 foals (1 stillborn). 9 of her 11 foals have raced so far, 7 of whom were winners, including 6 Stakes Winners, 5 of which were Multiple Stakes Winners, with 5 Millionaires. Her progeny have amassed average earnings of $1,891,644. She is Platinum-ranked (12.8) and is a Reine-de-Course (I/C).

7 of her 11 live foals were fillies and 5 of them are now broodmares themselves, including Gold-ranked ICh. Saucy Magician, thus ensuring that her legacy will be carried on long after she has gone.

She was 18 and had been retired from the breeding sheds last year, after producing a filly, Fool to be Sassy, out of NCh. Fool To Be Smokin’.

4 Likes

So sorry to hear about your loss, but what a legacy she leaves behind! Best of wishes to her progeny.

Sorry for your loss. She leaves a wonderful legacy and we feel very lucky to have Cheeky Monkey here as part of our broodmare band.

Sorry for your loss. I remember watching Saucy Magician run and loved following her. She’s leaving behind several lovely daughters to continue her legacy.

So Sorry to hear such an amazing producing mare is now gone. She definitely has left a legacy.

Here’s hoping her get continues her legacy annd produces stars as well.