Please post...

Please post here

if I (or Andrea) need(s) to take care of anything. There are so many other posts floating

around places with one line of “Shanthi, can you fix this?” that I’ve lost track of what’s

where…so any requests for stuff to be done with your horses, your stable, or the site,

please post here.

If a person wants to quit (I WOULD NOT IN A MILLION YEARS!!) do you think that it would be possible for the person quitting, (even if they had not owned their horses for six months) could sell/give their horses to new members or a member of THEIR choice or have an auction of the horses AFTER they have submitted their request to quit??? Is that possible or is that a horrid idea? :smiley:

Quitting info

For some reason, my gelding, Tri Gambol, has had a sex change while I wasn’t looking. He’s now a mare, on my stable page and in Race 2 tomorrow. While I definitely could use more mares in my stable, I figured you’d probably want to know about this.

Thanks!

Chelsea
Wildwood Stables

I know we’re not supposed to post useless posts, but HAHAHAHA! :lol:

Yeah, I kinda accidentally made all 4yos mares today, and it might not have caught all of them when it swapped horses back.

Please post if you have a “mare” that shouldn’t be one. (If you had a gelding who’s now a stallion, please just re-geld him, since it doesn’t charge you any money to do so.)

On the entries for April 12th Race #3 Maiden 2 yr olds, Kentucky Acres has 2 horses entered. Just wanted to let you know the bug was still an issue I guess. Hope this was the correct place to let you know. If not, I’m sorry.

Today while checking training summaries I discoverd my gelding Mr. Mint had suddenly become a mare overnight… although I’d love to have another mare to breed… the name just doesn’t fit a mare well… :smiley: thought I’d let you know…

Everytime I’ve searched a horse this week I’ve gotten this error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘’’ AND (h.Gender ‘%’) AND (s.Name ‘’ OR h.Sire ‘’) AND (d.Name ‘’ OR h.Dam ’ at line 9
SELECT h.ID, h.Name, h.Sire AS SireID, h.Dam AS DamID, s.Name AS Sire, d.Name AS Dam, DATE_FORMAT(h.DOB, ‘%Y’) As DOB, b.StableName AS Breeder, o.StableName AS Owner, st.Status, h.Gender FROM ff_horses h LEFT JOIN ff_horses s ON h.Sire = s.ID LEFT JOIN ff_horses d ON h.Dam = d.ID LEFT JOIN ff_users b ON h.Breeder = b.ID LEFT JOIN ff_users o ON h.Owner = o.ID LEFT JOIN ff_horse_status st ON h.Status = st.ID WHERE h.Name ‘’ AND (h.Gender ‘%’) AND (s.Name ‘’ OR h.Sire ‘’) AND (d.Name ‘’ OR h.Dam ‘’) AND h.DOB ‘’ AND b.StableName ‘’ AND o.StableName ‘’ AND st.Status ‘’ AND st.Status != ‘Unborn’ AND h.DOB <= ‘2010-04-08’ ORDER BY DATE_FORMAT(h.DOB, ‘%Y’) ASC, h.Name ASC

If I refresh everything is fine and it searches as normal, but since this is ongoing I decided to let you know. :slight_smile:

Hi,

Can you please fix my filly, Derby Appeal’s page? She still doesn’t have a GOT.

Thanks

GOTS are being phased out and all created horses don’t have them since eventually no horses will have them.

Oh, ok didn’t know that, thanks :smiley:

It’s been posted about at least 3 times and we’ve been rather emphatic about it being that way… :wink: So you really should if you keep up with the forum like you should. (Sorry, just getting tired of hearing about this)

I probably did read it, but I tend to forget things easily. Plus I’m a senior in high school and I’m taking a lot of hard classes and stressing about college, so obviously I have a ton of things on my mind.

I’m sure it’s frustrating to have to keep telling people stuff, but at the same time this is just a game for fun. I try to read what you guys post, but I don’t have the time to read and re-read everything that’s posted. I do really appreciate Cascade for nicely pointing this out though, thanks again. :slight_smile:

OK, relax. First off, Andrea does have a point since this question has been addressed numerous times. Secondly, searching the forum produces results such as this one, which explains your exact question, in great detail. Finally, if you don’t have time to (re-)read posts so that you remember them, that’s fine, but then don’t spaz out when we point out that the information is available if you look for it.

I hope my tone isn’t coming off as “spazzing out.” I’m just giving you my point of view. It seems much more obvious to you what I should have done, but that is because you posted all the information so of course it seems very clear to you. It’s a lot more confusing for someone who is trying to keep up with the boards and doesn’t know exactly what you’re thinking.

Honestly, it never crossed my mind to search for something that I had no idea would be on the boards. I posted on here because you ignored my first PM, and I didn’t know why.

I try to keep my questions to a bare minimum because this is the response I seem to get every time I ask something. Like, “honestly, how could you ask such a stupid question?�

I do really appreciate Cascade for pointing this out, without making me feel like I didn’t study for some FF test on the rules. Otherwise I feel like no one would have told me.

Next time I have a question I will try a search on it first. I just want to let you guys know that I feel slightly attacked and made to feel stupid, because it seems like your accusing me of being too lazy to go search for something when that really wasn’t even the case.

I honestly just thought there was something wrong with my horse’s page and I was pointing it out so you could fix it. I never thought that it was because you were fazing out the GOTs, and so it never crossed my mind to search for anything on missing GOTs since my other 2 year olds both have theirs.

Again please don’t misconstrue my tone. I’m not trying to come off as being disrespectful or sarcastic. I realize where you’re coming from, and next time I will try and find the answer before asking.

But I also hope you can realize where I am coming from, and that it’s not always easy to know all the rules and know exactly what you guys are thinking. And just because someone asks a question that seems stupid to you doesn’t necessarily mean they were just being too lazy to go find it themselves.

For the record, I didn’t “ignore your PM”, I just hadn’t had a chance to reply to it before you asked - again - on the forum, and Jade answered your question.

I suppose the main reason I feel that it should be “obvious” about random horses not receiving GOTs is that we just had a 2yo auction a month ago where almost 150 2yos were sold…of those, a good 125+ were randomly gnerated and had no GOTs (one of which being the 2yo in question you wanted us to “fix”). So, just by browsing the auction catalog, it’s pretty easily apparent that a small percentage of the horses (those with in-game bloodlines) had GOTs, the rest didn’t.

As for my claiming you are/were spazzing out, that’s in response to the “I have x, y, and z reasons to be exempt from reading the forum and remembering what I read”. It’s not a requirement that people read the forum, but if the information is available on the forum, we kind of expect people to look there before creating another thread (on the forum) about the same issue. Same goes with the FAQ, Newbie Guide, etc. I’ll freely admit that all of the information that’s floating around on the forum is hard to keep track of, and when I get time, I will overhaul the FAQ so that it includes the Newbie Guide info and all the various forum threads, but right now, my priority is race code.

Note: I am locking this thread, as it was never meant to be a place to list all your bugs/issues. Please post new threads about those (in this To Do List section) so that they can be easily tracked.