Pegasus World Cup 2023/2027

This year Pegasus World Cup will run on January 28th, both in Final Furlong and in real life.

Who’s planning to enter?

Last year’s real life winner, Life is Good, has been retired to stud - we could actually consider him as a new Famous Stallion in the game? I think he would even qualify.

Final Furlong’s recent winner, Ch. Bespoke (Coleman Branch) is still racing and still needs more wins to qualify for stud. Previous FF winner, NCh. Tense Imagination (Sakura Springs) started his third season at stud.

1 Like

I’ve been debating whether or not I should but in the end couldn’t resist the temptation to gamble. Lol.

I’ll be sending 5YO Natural Strike (WCh. Strike it Rich [S] x NCh. Shesanaturalactor [G] - Planet Hollywood [S]). He was lightly raced last year but placed 2nd in the G1 Sunshine Millions Sprint and won both the G1 Dubai Golden Shaheen and Woodward Stakes. The Woodward Stakes result is what I’m banking on for this one, as it’s the longest distance he’s ever run at 8.5f. We’ll see how he handles a long vacation and a 9f stretch.

1 Like

@Firefly SAME haha

We’re thinking of sending Manhattan out, but he was a lot of all or nothing last year. He either won his stakes races or was just like meh, not worth it lol He’s at least coming off a win in his last outing, which is either a good thing or a bad thing LOL

He might prefer sprint, but 9f is not out of his comfort zone. I think he’s our best option though, and we can’t resist a chance at a $12mil purse!

1 Like

Pegasus World Cup is coming!

Looks like Cyberknife is the real life favourite. In the game, GCh. Manhattan seems most accomplished here. I entered Ch. Artemor but I’m not really expecting him to win :wink: he won stakes only once as a 2yo.

3 Likes

We now have almost full field in the game! GCh. Manhattan will have some serious competition, including last year’s winner, Ch. Bespoke.

3 Likes

More about Cyberknife, the real life favourite by Gun Runner, the 2018 winner:

Cyberknife looks to go out a winner in Pegasus World Cup

2 Likes

And the winner is 5yo Ch. Iced Over (Gintara Lodge). Congratulations! I’m curious if he’ll qualify for stud. 5yo Ch. Natural Strike (Sakura Springs) finished 2nd, and 6yo Ch. Flame for Fame (Black Storm West) was 3rd. Manhattan finished 4th, and my Artemor… well, he wasn’t dead last :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Yay, we’re back! The real life Pegasus World Cup winner is Art Collector. Another really nice horse which we could add to Final Furlong’s Famous Stallions, perhaps…?

1 Like