Pacific Classic @ Del Mar

Anyone watch the Pacific Classic at Del Mar? Won by Borrego ($24.40, 11-1). I went with Borrego as he was 2nd to the favorite, runaway winner Lava Man, in the Hollywood Gold Cup over a speed-biased Hollywood course. Del Mar is more of an even course and there was alot of pace so it setup nice for Borrego. Jockey, GO GO Garret Gomez having a solid meet and trainer Beau Greely said he never looked better. Had a few rough days so I’m very happy with this pick.

No, I didn’t but I’m happy for Borrego. I’ve had him in my Equibase VS for about a year now and I’ve been following him very closely.

I love Equibase’s VS. :slight_smile: So handy.

Yep, I saw it. Just edged out a weakening Perfect Drift, I love that old guy. He did hold on but it just wasn’t enough, at least he’s being his consistant old self again. I really liked the mare Island Fashion. She’s a neat mare, 5 years old and can hold her own with the boys, I think if she hadn’t had such a bad start she could have been a factor.

So what is it with the racehorses lately, first Bellamy Road pops a splint, then there’s Ghostzapper, Afleet Alex, and now Roses In May…hate to see those two older horses go.

Yeah I love Perfect Drift. Always runs a solid race. Was very hard for me to go against him. I liked Island Fashion, until I noticed it was a female, not so keen on the girls vs. boys especially at this level.
Yeah it’s been a tough year as far as injuries, hope to see all come back well. Bellamy Road is being pointed towards Aug. 27th at Saratoga, though connections not sure if they’ll run him in Travers or King’s Bishop. Not so sure I’d run him vs. Lost in the Fog, as 7F Dirt races been very speed favoring at Saratoga so far (approximately 60% Wire over 30 races). Will be nice to see what he looks like and how he fairs after long layoff.

Bellamy Road will be headed to the 8/27 Travers Stakes at Saratoga. He is the 2-1 morning line favorite. Lost In The Fog, undefeated in 8 starts, should be the heavy favorite in the King’s Bishop.
Trainer Nick Zito says, “Coming in off a four-month layoff at seven furlongs without having to run into Lost in the Fog would be a pretty big reason to run in the King’s Bishop. At the same time, you look at a race like the Travers and you know you only have one shot at it because it is only for three-year-olds.” I think it’s a good decision. Bellamy Road looks to be the controlling speed in the Travers at 1 1/4 Miles, as there is not much pace. Will be nice to see how he looks.

What happened to Roses In May? :frowning: I really like him after seeing his Dubai world Cup. and what’s Equibase VS? :?:

I think Roses in May was retired.

Yeah,he was retired becuase he had a slight tear in a muscle.He’s going to stand at The Big Red Barn in Japan. Since they sold 80% of his breeding interest to um, I forgot to.

Equibase has a Virtual Stable option where you can select horses and get workout/entry/results notifications. I stalk Java’s little sister that way…she’s racing on Sunday! :slight_smile:

Okay I found it. :slight_smile: Can’t wait to see how a daughter of my aunt’s horse Elocutionist does.

That’s how I always stalk the major KY Derby conterders. :smiley: