No races on 12/28?

@Shanthi here are no races available to enter on the 12/28. The Race Entries page is only showing 12/24 & 12/31.

https://www.finalfurlong.org/upcoming_races.php

1 Like

Just bumping this :grimacing: @Shanthi

The race schedule is reused from year-to-year, if I recall (it used to be manually redone). I imagine this past year had an extra race day in it as compared to previous years. Not sure why we get a 12/31 and not a 12/28 race day, but it’s probably just how the algorithm works.

Given how close we are to 12/28, I wouldn’t expect to see it fixed (12/28 entries would close today). It likely isn’t going to be a yearly problem – it’s just a glitch this year.

1 Like

Unfortunately it’s the day of all the G1 BS turf races. I feel like we had another random racemeet earlier this year, but maybe I’m mixing that up with days when the whole site went down and we missed a raceday.

1 Like

Oh, that’s unfortunate. I’m not sure whether or not it will be fixed this year, but did check the schedule for next year and they look to be scheduled for 12/28/2027 (a Thursday). I suspect those are the races you’re looking for.

There is a weird gap between 12/13/2027 and 12/28/2027… which should be 12/27. Something is definitely out of whack.

I’d be curious to know what the underlying issue is. So weird.

1 Like

I’m not sure if it’s connected but the code seems to have filled the races for Saturday (31st) with FF entries today - I wonder if it will try and run those races tomorrow instead of the missing races for the 28th.

Looks like 31st is set for tomorrow, entries for another raceday, January 7th have opened already… so now we’re not only years in the future, but also days! Good that real life is a little bit behind, because I still have a few days off at work :wink:

1 Like

I sent Shanthi a pm.

Looks like we’re not having any raceday today :frowning:

Weirdly the 4th Jan are locked so you can’t enter?

I’ve been able to enter - if you click on view races it takes you through to the entry page. Only tried it with one runner but it’s worked.

Ta Emma - that worked :smiley:

1 Like