New studs in 2028?

Will anyone have new stallions going to stud in January? I’m beginning to start selecting studs for my broodmares (expecting 95 or so mares will be bred next year, my biggest :scream::scream:)

I will for sure be moving Charismatic (ICh. Candidate x Ch. Bold Lilly - NCh. Boldness Shows) to the stud barn next season. Turf runner with wins at everything from 5.5-16f, including three wins at the G1 level (BC Mile in 2025, Barretts Stakes in 2026, and Melbourne Cup in 2026). Only one minor injury (a cut) in 2026. Solid otherwise.

Quiet Sea (NCh. Worthy Victor x Ch. Atsa Pretty Muffin - Cross Roads) is looking promising, lacking a win of any grade and a G1 placing, but I will update if/when he officially qualifies.

3 Likes

Id love to get some breedings to Charismatic when you get him advertised :slight_smile:

Sounds good. Keep an eye out for the official posting. I usually do those around December, once I’ve settled on where I want to send my own mares.

Warm Dust (Frankel x Ch. Wind of Miriah - Lonesome Glory) will be retiring Feb/March. Unraced at 2, he has exclusively ran in SC with 6 G1 victories including the 2026 Breeders’ Cup SC Sprint and 2027 Ascot Gold Cup. He is the first son of Frankel to qualfy.

Also entering stud will be Death Eater (NCh. Hogsmeade x Ch. Black Spiral - Black Legend). Another SC runner and winner of G1 races 2025 Breeders’ Cup SC Classic, 2025 Townsend Prince Breeders’ Stakes, and the 2026-2027 Breeders’ Cup SC Endurance. He’s the first son of Hogsmeade to qualify, and a 4th-generation stallion.

I have THREE racehorses needing 1 more SW to qualify. Not sure if they’ll pull it off.

3 Likes