New Studs for 2025

As we’re now rapidly heading towards November, I’m starting to think about breeding plans for next year. With that in mind are there any new boys expected for next year?

1 Like

Best I can offer are a couple of “maybes”: GCh. Fivel and GCh. Local Haunt. Right now the plan is to race them at 6, but if they’re clearly crashing and burning by end of March/early April, they’ll head to stud.

I do have two others who need 1 final SW, and I hope they can pull it off by mid-January. They’re much older so if they can score that final win, they’ll definitely stand next year. But since we haven’t actually qualified, I won’t jinx them and say who they are. :laughing:

4 Likes

Right now, I have one (my very first!) who I am considering retiring for next year’s breeding season, and that is recently qualified GCh. Tense Imagination. He will definitely run through December, but I’m with Shelbie in that we’ll see what he’s doing by March/April.

5 Likes

Thank you. I’m sure I’ll have some girls for all three of them when they do retire :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I currently have two that are qualified Cop In Morgue and Cool Crusader . They are both only 3 yo at the moment so the plan was to run again next year but if their performances start declining greatly, they could possibly be retired to stud !

3 Likes

Great. I’m sure I’ll have girls for them too (definitely one in mind for Cop already). Lovely to see some boys from less common lines qualifying, it’ll be really good to have some more outcross options.

1 Like

I just noticed, that Cop In Morgue lost the Triple Crown by finishing behind another horse bred by me, in the Belmont Stakes! Ch. Béthune is by GCh. Edinburgh and he has three Grade 1 wins already, so I hope that Littlefield will qualify him for stud too!

2 Likes

I agree! I think Cool and Cop will be the first ones qualified for their sires and I currently own Cool’s mom and half brother as well!

2 Likes

This is why I’m really excited for Haunt. No Mr. Townsends have qualified for stud, and his damsire only had 1 son at stud. Fivel is the 500th Foolhardy to qualify but I like the Foolhardy/Nightfight combo, hah.

I am VERY excited for Cop and Cool when they enter stud.

1 Like

I’ve got a half-sister to Sponsored who’s visited all the other sons of Nightfight but nothing by Foolhardy so I’m looking forward to hopefully sending her Fivel’s way.

1 Like

I think we may be retiring Fiddler’s Green if he doesn’t perk up soon. His 3yo year has been rough since June. I’m not sure what happened.

Pass the Buck needs one more win. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to get him there, but it’d be really nice to have a Passing Sandi colt at stud.

Maybe just shelf him for the rest of the year and come back at 4? From my perspective he’s been great. I wish I had 3yo’s with his record. :laughing:

I’m glad y’all have horses that forget which way is forward too. Cat - Breeders’ Stakes are coming! He can probably get one more there hopefully! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

His 2yo year absolutely spoiled me… :wink:

Thanks for the tip! Maybe there’s still some hope. :slight_smile:

An update for our stable.

Along with Tense Imagination, Powerful Soul just officially qualified for stud and will probably also be standing next year. As both will be 6 next year, I would like to retire them by no later than March unless they show that they just absolutely MUST keep running.

3 Likes

Congratulations on Powerful Soul’s qualification. I bred him so really pleased to see him qualify and I’m sure I can find a mare or two to send his way.

1 Like

Congrats! This has been a big year for new qualified stallions. I will definitely have a lady or two for them if they retire.

2 Likes

Congrats! Really exciting to see so many qualified this year!

1 Like

Congrats on the stud qualifications!! I will definitely have some ladies for them!

1 Like