New Boston Stables 2023 Foals

Can’t believe it’s already been over a year that I’ve been on FF, and that my first foal crop is here! I hope everyone here’s New Year’s is off to a good start :slight_smile:

[color=blue]HEADS WILL ROLL
Blame x Conquering Queen - Invasor
9.1h dark grey colt

First foal for this mare. Haven’t quite figured out who she’ll visit this year.

[color=red]SPIRITUALIZED
NCh. Lasting Spirit (S) x Folk Music (S) - Created
9.2h grey filly

1/2 sister to [color=red]Ch. Liner Notes, [color=red]Ch. Cabrette. Named for a favorite band of mine. Definitely excited that this filly came safely with Lasting Spirit having retired now. Hopefully she can live up to some of her siblings SC careers in the future! Folk Music was a lease from Coleman Branch and will be heading back soon.

[color=red]FRANKELCENSE
Frankel (S) x Lady Deca - Octagonal
8.1h black filly

First live foal for Lady Deca, who is a half-sister to the stud Daredevil Dan. Deca will be going to see Quintet this year.

[color=blue]WHIRLIN
Curlin (B) x Storm Dancer - Created
8.1h liver chestnut colt

Second foal for this mare. Storm Dancer is now [color=red]for sale.

[color=blue]EMPYREAN
WCh. Strike It Rich (S) x Unseen Sky (B) - Created
9.0h strawberry roan colt

Another foal from a now retired stallion. His dam only has two other live foals that are racing so I don’t know quite what to expect from this pairing. Not sure where I’ll be sending Unseen Sky next.

3 Colts | 2 Fillies | 48 Due

Love the name Heads Will Roll!

Nice crop of foals so far. :slight_smile:

Some great names here. Congrats on all the new healthy foals!

Wow, so many in one day! Love the names :slight_smile:

Congrats on all the healthy foals!  Here’s hoping Folk Music gave you a good one!

The boys seem to be off to an early lead this year!

[color=blue]WORSTPIESINLONDON
ICh. To Die For (B) x Hot Danish - GCh. Go For Dash (B)
8.2h dark bay colt

I’ll admit, I was influenced to breed this foal mainly because I thought his parents names matched perfectly for a Sweeney Todd reference. Maybe not the smartest decision, but I guess we’ll see how it all turns out in a couple years :wink:

[color=red]CUIMHNIMIS
NCh. Carrowmore (S) x Ch. Memorial Day (B) - NCh. Starz ‘n’ Stripes (S)
9.2h chestnut filly

3/4 sister to [color=blue] Montenegro. When I was searching for information on Irish Memorials/Memorial Day for name inspo for this girl I came across the word Cuimhnimis a couple of times, which seems to translate to “let us remember” in Gaelic. This filly is linebred to The Black through her grand dams, and will hopefully be a nice little turf runner. Memorial Day was a lease from Cricket Hill and will be heading home.

[color=blue]CHERISHED
GCh. Venture His Due x Adored - ICh. Alley Cat (S)
8.1h bay colt

Fourth foal for this mare, but none of her other foals have been started yet. Not sure who I’ll be sending her to this year.

[color=blue]BELENUS
NCh. Celtic Star (S) x Eclipse Di Luna (B) - Ch. Moonopoly (B)
9.1h bay colt

1/2 brother to [color=red] White Picket Fence. Named for the celtic sun god. He’s the ninth foal for his dam! Thinking of sending her to see a SC stud this year.

[color=red]INFORMER
NCh. Al Mundhir (B) x Gal On The Lam (B) - NCh. Sneak Peek (S)
8.3h brown filly

I currently own one of this filly’s older brothers and haven’t quite figured him out yet so I’ll be interested to see how she turns out in time.

[color=blue]LUGHNASA
NCh. Irish Gold (S) x Townsend Twilight (B) - NCh. Townsend Jester (B)
9.0h dark bay colt

1/2 brother to [color=blue] Tholian. Wanted to name this colt Dancing at Lughnasa, but couldn’t quite fit the full title so just Lughnasa will have to do. Townsend Twilight was a lease from Marshall Creek Ranch and will be heading home.

7 Colts | 4 Fillies | 42 due

Best of luck with Belenus.  Great names!

You could try it without any spaces in the name or maybe try Dance at Lughnasa.

Lots of pretty foals :slight_smile:

I tried both out, and decided I like how just Lughnasa looks. Thanks for the suggestions though! :slight_smile:

I’m playing catch up with all these foals now. I knew that having over 50 would be a lot in theory, but gosh it really is a lot!

[color=blue]FROSTED FLAKES
Frosted x Ch. Simple Success (B) - Created
9.0h dark bay colt

Hopefully he’s not just good, he’s great :wink: Simple Success was a lease from Cricket Hill and is back home now.

[color=blue]VANITY PROJECT
NCh. Allinvain x Ara’s Rumor - Ch. Rumor Has It (G)
9.0h black colt

Third foal, but first colt for this mare. She’s off to visit In The Navy for her 2024 foal.

[color=blue]CHECK YES JULIET
NCh. Last For More (B) x Seattle Juilet - NCh. Seattle Sorcerer (S)
9.2h bay colt

First foal for this mare who’s 2x2 linebred to Seattle Slew. Not quite sure where she’ll be off to next.

[color=blue]SHOTS FIRED
Deep Impact (B) x Make The Call (B) - Crack Shot (S)
9.2h bay colt

Just went to look at this colt’s dam info because she was a lease and… apparently his dam was deceased in September of 2022? I’ll move this one to the bug thread lol.

[color=red]SUPERTRAMP
GCh. Superdocious (B) x High Darling - FFCh. High Chances (S)
8.2h dark bay filly

First foal for this SW & MSP mare. She was a lease from Marshall Creek Ranch and is now back home.

[color=red]WHOA, NELLY!
NCh. Clockstopper (S) x Say It Right (B) - NCh. Secretary (S)
9.3h grey filly

Went with a Nelly Furtado name theme for this girl in honor of her dam’s name. Say It Right was a lease from Cricket Hill and is back home now.

Unfortunately we did lose one of our broodmares, Dance Alone, who was due for February with what would have been Lasting Spirit’s last foal. I feel even more fortunate now that our filly, Spiritualized, arrived safe and sound!

11 colts | 6 fillies | 36 due

Two more today!

[color=blue]CRIMSON PEAK
NCh. Lord Nelson (B) x Ch. Glory’s Heart - ICh. Magic Glory (S)
8.1h bay colt

[color=red]OH, DEBT!
NCh. Hogsmeade (B) x Odette (B) - Resident Evil (S)
8.3h dark grey filly

12 Colts | 7 Fillies

It’s a group of tall foals today. We did have a stillborn from one of leased mares unfortunately, but hopefully we won’t have any more from here on out. The next foals aren’t due till end of January/early February so all might be quiet here for a bit.

[color=red]THE CAT RETURNS
NCh. AndLikeThatHesGone (B) x Cat Has Flair - ICh. Alley Cat (S)
9.3h black filly

Named for the Ghibli film. This girl will hopefully be a nice little steeplechaser.

[color=red]POPULAR
WCh. Express Yourself (G) x Nada Surf - ICh. Take Me Away
9.3h blood bay filly

The first song I ever heard from Nada Surf seemed a fitting name for this mare’s first foal.

[color=blue]ABSOLUTE POWER
NCh. Worthy Victor (G) x Redjac - ICh. Take Me Away
10.0h liver chestnut colt

First foal for this mare. If this guy can just be an ounce as successful as some of his sire’s other foals I’ll be happy.

Stillborn filly
NCh. Too Stressful x Ch. Slipstream - Ch. Turn n’Burn (S)

13 Colts | 9 Fillies | 1 Stillborn | 30 due

Lovely foals. Sorry about your stillborn.

More foals! Some little peanuts in this batch too.

DEVIL’S BACKBONE
NCh. Daredevil Dan (B) x Ch. Daisy May Care (S) - NCh. Devil May Care (S)
9.1h bay colt

1/2 brother to Ch. Lackadaisical

STATIC
ICh. Dark Continent (B) x Noisy Nancy (S) - Created
Bred by Denoux Stud
7.2h bay filly

1/2 sister to Ch. Guasanga

BUDDY HOLLY
FFCh. I’m No Fool (S) x Summer Elaine - Created
8.3h bay colt

15 Colts | 10 Fillies | 1 Stillborn

Another colt! This boy was taking his sweet time getting here and ended up being 2 weeks overdue. At least he’s here now though!

[color=blue]RED IS THE ROSE[/color]
NCh. Tir Na Nog x BlackHighlandRose - NCh. Starz ‘n’ Stripes (S)
9.3h dark bay colt

Named for the Irish folk song that was popularized by Tommy Makem. This colt’s dam is a daughter of the prolific Rogue’s Lilly so I’m hoping for good things here. He’s BlackHighlandRose’s first foal though so I’ll have to wait to find out. BlackHighlandRose was a lease from Marshall Creek Ranch and is back home now.

16 Colts | 10 Fillies | 1 Stillborn | 26 Due

Love the name.

1 Like

Congrats on the healthy Tir Na Nog colt. The song is one of my favorites.

1 Like