Name Help!

I always end up with a couple nameless yearlings and no ideas after auctions… heeeelp  ??? (feel free to add your nameless babies too if you need some inspiration)

King David x Dixieland Sweetheart
Yearling filly
Dark Bay with Bald Face
finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=8983

I want something that plays off the idea of Dixieland, but I don’t want anything too obvious. Open to other fun suggestions though.

Crystal Rainbow x Early Warning
Yearling Colt
Chestnut with Stripe
finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=7951

I really have no ideas for this guy. I don’t mind going with something completely unrelated to his parents’ names, just as long as it is interesting.

#1 Creole Princess

#2 Crystal Ship (P.S., a song by The Doors)

I need some help naming my babies! I’d love suggestions for the following:

[color=blue]Weanling Colt, Up Tonight x Wrong Way

[color=blue]Weanling Colt, Ch. Rumor Has It x Starstruck

[color=red]Weanling Filly, Rahy x Oakley

[color=red]Weanling Filly, WCh. Strider x Ch. Crowd Pleaser

Fleet Feet-
Jazz Queen, Trust the Jazz
Rainbow’s Warning, Quick Peek, Not Enough

Blarney-
Tonight’s the Night (one of my favorite showtunes, from West Side Story), Wrong Story, Not Tonight
Paparazzi, Rumorfollowsme, No Time For Rumors, Struck by Rumors
Annie, Rahy’s Dryad, Rhyannie
Runway Model, Perfect Stride, Starbesideus

Weanling Colt, Up Tonight x Wrong Way
[hr][/hr]Save Tonight, Up Ways Down

Weanling Colt, Ch. Rumor Has It x Starstruck
[hr][/hr]Don’t Trust Me, Poker Face, Hit With Rumors, Stars Have It

Weanling Filly, Rahy x Oakley
[hr][/hr]Oaken Jewel

Weanling Filly, WCh. Strider x Ch. Crowd Pleaser
[hr][/hr]Stride On, Catwalk, Model Walk, Screamin Stride

Fleet Feet-
Filly, King David x Dixieland Sweetheart:- Dixie (or Dixieland) Queen, Queen Bathsheba
Colt, Crystal Rainbow x Early Warning:- Noah, Noah’s Ark (Noah and the Ark came before the first Rainbow, kind of like an Early Warning)

PureBlarney-
Colt, Up Tonight x Wrong Way:- Insomnia, Night Shift
Colt, Ch. Rumor Has It x Starstruck:- I liked Sora’s suggestion of Paparazzi although that name has already been used - Can’t think of any other names right now
Filly, Rahy x Oakley:- Annie Get Your Gun
Filly, WCh. Strider x Ch. Crowd Pleaser:- Striding Out, Pleasant Stride

So far I have one yearling (I will add if I win any more bids)

13.2hh liver chestnut colt
created lines
Nauru (Kingmand Reef/Norah)
X
Petuluma (Vandenburg/Quale)
I have called him Nautical Mile right now, just want to see if anyone has anything better as I am drawing a blank on this boy

Thanks, guys!  :slight_smile:

Re: Kayte-- weird, I think Kingmand Reef should actually be Kingman Reef? It’s a land… lagoon… thingy off of Hawaii. Based on that, I like Malietoa, which means “Samoan king.”

What a random combination for that second one! I looked up “quale,” which seems to be the noun for “any abstract quality,” and Vandenburg sounds Dutch… Not sure, but maybe Rembrandt, or Vermeer? I guess to be a super stickler and name him something that’s strictly a combination of Mom + Dad, you could go with “Dutch Tronie,” which was a type of Renaissance portraiture that depicted character qualities, like purity, piety, bravery, etc. (Girl with a Pearl Earring is an example.)

yeah, Kingman Reef.  I do that with my typing and don’t realize til after, LOL

yeah, he’s not an easy one to name, hense Nautical Mile to keep with his sire’s ‘Nau’ starting…

I like your Hawaiian name, so think I’m going to go with that.

–Kayte