Morning Turnout

The weather outside was

gorgeous and the babies were more than ready to head out. Andrea double checked her list

while a handful of grooms waited to hear which mares went out together.

"All right. The

three colts can go out together, so take Magician, Hopes, and Lovin’ out and put them in the

big paddock near the foaling barn. I don’t like having the 4 fillies out together, but they

should be fine until some of the Feb babies are a little older. Remind me to move them

around then. So that’s Disaster, Lovie, Callie, and Mistress. I guess you’ll have to put

them out in the paddock near the yearling barn. So bring those yearlings down and put them

in the smaller paddock." Andrea paused, eyes narrowing as she tried to think of anything

she’d forgotten.

"Relax, Boss. We’ve been doing this for nearly eight years now. Jim

and I’ll make sure that the new boys get everything straight." Sean grinned. The breeding

end of the operation had grown so much that she’d hired three new grooms for the broodmares

and yearlings last year. Sean delighted in teasing them about being “newbies.”

"Since

you’re such a know-it-all, you can check on Spell Breaker and make sure that her cut is

healing ok. I’m going to go check on Miracle and then go check with Johnny to make sure all

the two year-old paperwork is straight for them to head to the track at the end of the week."

The two year old races were starting up at the beginning of next month and for these last

two weeks they would live at the track, learning the routine and getting a chance to deal

with the new footing.

“D’oh. Alright, boss-lady.” Sean grimaced and then left.

Breaker’d gotten a cut on her hip. Considering the bite she’d tried to take out of

Fortuna, the filly’d gotten off lightly. She was being a big whimp about getting it cleaned

though, and dealing with the tempermental filly was becoming a hated chore among the

grooms.

Grinning, Andrea flicked off her computer and stood up. A visit to the stable’s

newest arrival would be her treat before she had to deal with the hassle only 20 two year

olds preparing for their racing debut could generate.

Hehehe, I have 15 2YOs this

year… I know what you mean about hassels… I’m looking forward to seeing them race, but

I’m not really looking forward to finding each horses niche… :smiley: I don’t know if I can

even be bothered racing them in April, everyone is going to swamp the races so I’ll have to

be quick to enter them!

lol…I thought that having

12 two year olds was a lot. :wink:
I know this is a little late for a reply but i was just

going over all the stuf I missed over spring break. Luved the story too!