mid spring dreams

Maryanne lightly dozed in a

lounge chair, dreaming of her filly winning the Kentucky Derby, but soon her thoughts drifted

back to the farm. Although Ready Set Go lived up to her name, she had settled into the quiet

tranquility of Kentucky Acres. RST seemed to fit right in to the elegantly built stone barns,

and the well-landscaped fields. Even though RST was the only horse at the farm right now, she

enjoyed all the attention she was getting. Maryanne had quickly bonded with the 2yo, and they

trusted each other completely. RST even had a nickname at the barn, the grooms called her The

Princess. One horse was enough for Maryanne RST wore her out! she was not ready to take on

another horse like RST alone. Suddenly a warm breath interrupted Maryann’s thoughts. RST had

her head over the stall door, whuffing into Maryanne’s hair. After visiting with RST for

awhile, Maryanne headed towards the office. suddenly she remembered that Greg the farm

manager had asked her to theink about buying Fantasy Cat." I’ll wait and see if anyone else

is ready to sell, I really need some nice racers." Pleased with her decision she went to tell

Greg. Maryanne sighed with contentment, this place was perfect, she never wanted it to

change. RST racing on Wednesday, the prospect of new horses appealed to her. “soon.” she

thought “I’m going to have new challenges to work with, but none can replace RST.” :slight_smile: this

is my first story I hope you like it!