Melbourne Cup Day Today!

If anyone can get to a TV at 12:00 tonight, watch the Melbourne Cup! It should be a cracker of a race.

Should Makybe Diva win today, she’ll go down in history as the best mare to ever race in Australia. The best horse since Phar Lap. The highest winning weight for a mare at 58kgs. The only horse to win the Melbourne Cup three years in a row. One four horses to win the Cox Plate-Melbourne Cup double in the same year. The first horse to carry number one to victory in 51 years. By just running in it, she sets the highest weight carried by a mare. WOW! :slight_smile:

[size=24px]GO DIVA![/size]

She’s awesome. I just named a yearling filly Immortal Diva… :slight_smile: That’s her nickname in Aussie at the mo. :slight_smile:

If she doesn’t win, I got my money on Leica Falcon (best trial in the Caulfield Cup) and Mr. Celebrity (does not too much wrong in his races).

It is a VERY exciting day today! Just two hours to go! :smiley: So much fun! I LOVE spring racing! :smiley: :slight_smile: 8) :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :roll:

:lol: For a second I somehow forgot that it was spring in Australia, and I was going to ask if you were ok.

It’d be really awesome if Makybe Diva won that, a one of a kind horse no doubt. She deserves to be in the record books regardless of her place in this race it sounds like.
Cross your fingers and hope she doesnt pull a Charismatic and break her leg :?

SHE DID IT!

Thank you to Makybe Diva for allowing the world to witness racing history. Never again will a mare do what she has done.

Looking for a replay for you guys at the moment…

And yep, won’t see her race ever again either. Tony Santic [owner] retired her immediately after the race. Good on him too. :smiley: