Mare still in foal

It’s that time of year! Looks like all my mares who foaled today are still listed as in foal on their pages, but unbred on the stable overview.

Altuzarra
Cherry Cheesecake
Cuckoo
French Resistance
Grey Pearl
Light Up Your Life
Sweet Ginger Brew

Same. Additionally, I have notifications that foals were born but no weanlings are showing up in my stable.

Edit:
The mares in question are Chick Flick and King’s Mistress. However, if I click on “Breed Mare,” Chick Flick shows that she has a foal born 1/1/26 and is able to be bred by Feb. 15. King’s Mistress shows she also has a foal born 1/1/26 but has a booking approved to Powerful Soul for March 2026.

Yep, same thing over here.

Also have two weird ones:

Filly from Chile is listed as unbred on the Stable Overview page but she’s not due until April.

I just bred Fendi, but she’s listed as unbred on the Stable Overview and personal page. When I click Breed This Mare it lists her as in foal for 2027.

Similarly, I bred Lovers’ Duel and she’s unbred on her page, NOT listed as unbred on the Stable Overview, but when I bred her it said she’d be due December 29th (yikes!) and I looked at her page again and now it says December 13th (extreme yikes!).

I have two mares that are showing up as Not in Foal on the Stable Overview page, also, when you look at the horse info page, they show up as Not in Foal. However, when you click on the View Foals button for both of them, they both show up as in Foal.

The Queen’s Navy - View Horse: The Queen's Navy
Lucky Train - View Horse: Lucky Train

Same as everyone else
DaughtersoftheKnee - Daughtersoftheknee
Etched Sunshine - Etched Sunshine
High Request - High Request
Seven Bridges - Seven Bridges
Silent Vein - Silent Vein

I think the foaling script was wonky yesterday, but everyone’s caught up today.

3 Likes

Not quite. My two are still wrong. They should be in foal as correctly noted in their View Foals pages.
Lucky Train should be in foal to Hogwarts, due March 6th and The Queen’s Navy should be in foal to Final Scene, due March 5th.

Unfortunately all my Jan 1 foaled mares still appear as in foal on their pages.

I also have these 3 weird ones:
Fendi is listed as not in foal until you select Breed This Mare, then it shows she’s in foal for 2027. Same for Lovers’ Duel.
Filly from Chile appears as unbred on the Stable Overview, but she doesn’t foal until April 2026.

However, I do see my Jan 1 foals are no longer listed as unborn and my weanling count is now correct.

Yes, my two mares also still show in foal, but at least the babies are showing up in my stable now!

My mare Fool For Flowers shows as still in foal.

https://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=31815

Also Crownette (but I could request breeding dates for both):

https://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=12970

And Natalma:

https://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=36193

Puede Que Haya:

https://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=28595

I think the mares should be fixed now.

1 Like

Thanks Shanthi! My “still in foal” Jan 1 moms are now fixed.

These three are still being stubborn:
Fendi is listed as not in foal until you select Breed This Mare, then it shows she’s in foal for 2027. Same for Lovers’ Duel.
Filly from Chile appears as unbred on the Stable Overview, but she doesn’t foal until April 2026.

Also just bred Cuckoo after holding on to her Jan 1 baby, and she’s still listed as unbred on the Stable Overview. The other Jan 1 mares I was able to breed without issue.

OK, bit weird.

Fendi has no foal in the database.
Lovers’ Duel does have one, but for 2027 foaling year.
Filly from Chile does not have any foal in the database after her 2025 one.
Cuckoo has a due date from the breeding, but no foal in the database. I’ve cleared out the breeding info so you can try again.

Re-breeding Cuckoo worked. Can Fendi and Lovers’ Duel also be reset? Maybe that will fix their weird bred/not bred status. Not sure what to do about Filly from Chile.

I can delete the breeding due date info for those mares, but there aren’t any foals in the system. This might be from the wonkiness with breeding last year - if the studs are still available you could re-breed them and I could adjust the dates to be for last year (so you’re breeding in 2026 for a 2027 foal and then I’d modify everything to be 2025 breeding for 2026 foal).

All 3 are going to my stallions, so I can make it work. And if not, at least I’m not hunting anyone down for a new breeding/stud fee refund. :laughing:

1 Like

Sorry Shanthi, I have another weird one…

I bred Annapolis and she disappeared from my Stable Overview. However, in my list of broodmares and on her personal page she’s listed as not in foal. When I click Breed This Mare from her personal page, her booking to Von Lichtenstein appears, but when I click Breed This Foal it then says she’s still in foal.

I have a similar issue with Ered Luin.

Daughteroftheknee was bred to Hogwarts a few days ago and we received the Stud Fees but she is still showing on his Arrange Breedings page as not bred. I have adjusted her fee to $0 so you don’t get penalized twice for breeding her to him once.

A similar situation existed for A Grand Affair to Sponsored and her fee has also been adjusted to $0.

If anybody else has a mare that they have bred to a Starfish Stallion since the beginning of this year but who is now showing as not bred, please let me know and I’ll adjust their fees too.