After having looked through my herd in greater detail and seeing how 2027 wrapped up, I’ve come to the conclusion my herd is currently too big for me to properly manage. I am looking forward to this small “refresh” while trying to also be really brutal on who stays and who goes.
Auction is set for mid-February, and more will be added before then. Most reserves are 5-10k.
Horses include SWs, MSPs, broodmares in foal (this year and next), fresh 2 year olds including some from Straticus’ final crop, and yearlings. If a mare foals before the auction, her reserve price will either be significantly dropped or removed entirely.
- Bonny Swan, half-sister to stallions Beratis and High South. Still racing sound.
- Oddfellow, yearling colt and first foal o/o MSW and millionaire NCh. Lover’s Duel.
- Risque Behavior, yearling filly o/o MSW and multi-millionaire NCh. Lingerie.
- Ghostlore, 3yo half-brother to stallion Local Haunt.
- Tottenham High St, broodmare half-sister to 6 MSWs including stallion Calle de Oro. Comes in foal to Dark Ages.
- Evil Evening, broodmare from the same damline as stallions Highland Burning and Fight the Twilight. Comes in foal to All That Appeal.
There are officially over 90 horses consigned, ranging from yearlings to broodmares (open and in foal). There are a small handful of reserves but most have none. I might add another youngster or two, but for the most part the auction is set for Monday.
@Shanthi I think there’s a glitch not loading the bidding pages for the auction?
Bidding page should be fixed.
Edit @Shanthi it’s to do with bids over $100,000 - it won’t allow those but up to that number works.
Maybe it’s just me, I’ve tried both Firefox & Chrome but when I place a bid I get to here
It’s just blank and when I reload the bid page the bid hasn’t gone through.
I had a bid on one horse where I put a max of $100,000. It said that my bid wasn’t high enough but, when I refreshed the bidding, it shows my bid as the current high bid.
The horse is View Horse: Tottenham High St,
Tottenham High St
I managed to hit the $100k bid and that went through, wouldn’t let me bid a larger amount.
Think it’s ok now.
Thank you to everyone who has bid so far! Still 28 left without bids and those with reserves are mostly 5-10k; only Half Pint, who is out of a gold mare and comes in foal to Knicks Go for this year, is at 25k.
- Evil Evening is out of a gold half-sister to Fight the Twilight. She comes in foal to All That Appeal for this April. 10k reserve.
- War Poppy comes in foal to Nobly Regal and has produced 100% winners including 1 SW and 1 SP from 3 started foals.
- Mage Born is a MSP mare and comes in foal to Honeydukes. Two started foals, 1 winner and 1 placed (never worse than 3rd so far).
- Winter Solstice is SP and has produced 2 started foals, including a winner and SP. Out of a gold mare. She comes in foal to Dark Ages. 10k reserve.
- Scandaloftheseason is a MSW of 800k. In foal to Nobly Regal and due next January. 10k reserve.
As well as several yearlings, 2yos, and blacktype racehorses/broodmare prospects! Auction ends Feb. 19!