Lack of Activity

My activity level may continue to be super low, or it may improve…depends on how my job works out.  Frankly, I’d rather still have no time for FF but have a paycheck. :wink:

In other news, my roommate’s truck was found today.  :slight_smile:  So that’s awesome.

Wow, is it still in one piece? My jeep got stolen last August (actually although I was upset of course at first, it turned out to be lucky for me because it was falling apart and I needed a new car and got a much better one) but anyway it was stolen and when they found it, it was in far worse shape…good thing for me it now belonged to the insurance company.

Paychecks are important!! They tend to tie right in with that whole food/shelter/electricity thing. :wink:

And yeah, here’s hoping that the truck is intact…or at least worth something, insurance-wise.

I haven’t heard all the details yet (because I’ve been working 12+ hour days trying to keep the paycheck thing), but it looks OK aside from a broken window.

Wow, I just read all this. Sorry to hear Shanthi! :frowning:

Wow glad they found the truck.

Yeah the whole $$ thing is kinda important! lol so we totally understand!

WOW!!! That is very scary when something like that happens. I hope your room mate is ok (mentally bcause stuff like that is very very stressful…) But you can legally shoot someone (w/ a gun) when they enter your house without approval. Haha i’ve studied this before lol.

:astonished:  Wow, I just read this.  I’d noticed it before, but I don’t always have time to sit down and read the posts.  So sorry to hear this happened Shanti.  Glad they found the truck though.  We had someone try to break in here about a month before I moved in.  My roommate was living here with her cousin and this guy kept trying to get in, it was somewhere around 4 a.m. and my roommate had just got home, so she turned all the lights on and got the gun out.  :stuck_out_tongue:  Glad I wasn’t living here then.

So it looks like I’m going to end up on the “lots of spare time” end of the spectrum. :wink:  I have 3 phone interviews lined up, though, so who knows how long that’ll last…I guess I should enjoy it while I can.

Aww, bummer about the job, though it’s nice that you can hang out with us more. :wink: I hope you get a new and even better job soon!

Thanks, me too. :slight_smile:  I have high hopes for tomorrow’s interview.

Sorry to hear that, babe. Did anything positive come out of it?

Or did you get to tell your boss exactly what you thought of him?

D’oh, sorry it didn’t go better.  But at least now you have lots of time to play with Gelding (you really need to come up with a new name for him or he’s going to become Mr. G :wink:).

Positives: I only have one more day of work!  Woo!  I also got 2 weeks’ severance, which I wasn’t expecting.  Didn’t tell my boss exactly what I thought of him, but I have one more meeting with him next week, so I guess I could then if I wanted.

Negatives: No paycheck after these next 2 (one for last week/this week, one for severance).

But my phone interview went really well, and they want to do an in-person interview. :slight_smile:  So, at least that’s one potential job.

Now off to see the gelding! (Whose show name is apparently Bartok, so maybe I could do an Anastasia-esque name?  But Dmitri sounds stupid for a horse, and I think the only other people in the movie are Nicolais, and Nick doesn’t work so well either.)