King George VI and Queen Elizabeth 2018 (28 July) Poet's Word & Power Of Love

I have just watched The Crown (TV series), so this race will be my sentimental favourite. In one episode there is a racehorse named Aureole; I immediately looked up his profile page on pedigreequery. He ran 2nd in this race and also in the Epsom Derby.

“The King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes is a Group 1 flat horse race in Great Britain open to horses aged three years or older. It is run at Ascot over a distance of 1 mile and 4 furlongs (2,414 metres), and it is scheduled to take place each year in July. It is Britain’s most prestigious open-age flat race, and its roll of honour features some of the most highly acclaimed horses of the sport’s recent history. Many of its winners subsequently compete in the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe, and a number go on to have a successful career at stud.”

[align=center]The FF King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes info:

Date
2022-06-16

Race
King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes (Gr. 1)

Surface
Turf

Distance
12 furlongs

Purse
$1,125,000[/align]

Links:

Racecards 28 July 2018 - Racing Post

King George Day - Ascot Racecourse

King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes - Wikipedia

Past winners in real life:

• 2015 - Postponed - Time: 2:31.25
  • 2016 - Highland Reel - Time: 2:28.97
  • 2017 - Enable - Time: 2:36.22

Past Final Furlong winners:

• 2019 - [color=blue]NCh. Gang of Thieves, Track: Good Time: 2:21.690 SF: 255. Now a stallion at Starfish Stables, his breeder.
  • 2020 - [color=blue]GCh. Debate With Me, Track: Good Time: 2:18.065 SF: 260.
  • 2021 - [color=blue]GCh. Lapis Lazuli, Track: Good Time: 2:20.925 SF: 241. I bought him as a weanling from Morning Star Farms, and then I sold him to Renegade Racing and Breeding in the middle of his 2yo season. So he was named like the rest of my “Spanish themed” crop, although it sounds more Latin. He’s still a racehorse, but looks like he is stud qualified!

There is also a detailed article about the race: “Big Race History: King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes”.

Full field again! Including the Dubai Sheema Classic winner Ch. Black Diamond, and 2021 Kentucky Derby winner Ch. Power of Secrets, among other champions. Good luck!

Congratulations Joe (Littlefield) for the win with Ch. Power Of Love!

Thank you, great win for her following on from Melbourne Cup win. Yorkshire Oaks next for her which will be the third run in the race after winning last year and 2nd the year before

Well done Joe. Lovely to see Mantle of Power getting some quality runners.

Poet’s Word wins the 2018 King George VI and Queen Elizabeth in real life.