Kentucky Derby 2017

Anyone have any picks for the derby this year?

I watched Classic Empire in the BC juvenile, so I really like him, but I’m loving the one-eyed horse Patch, or Gunnerva as well.

Who’s going to be watching??

I’ve been following Godolphin’s Thunder Snow on Instagram: instagram.com/p/BTpMwaQFV9D/
and he looks really nice.
I like Classic Empire too.

The hubs and I are going to a watch party at our local Patriots fan hangout here in NC.  They’re putting on a couple contests and such, so it should be fun.  My virtual money is on Irish War Cry and Classic Empire.

So my favourite got pulled up… :wink: but fortunately he’s fine and Always Dreaming is a beautiful horse too!

If he wasn’t my favourite before the race, he is now!  ;D

Haha, true! However, this photo of Always Dreaming is funny too: twitter.com/ZenyattaMafia/statu … 0793297920 :wink:

I made a comment to my sister-in-law when the horses came out onto the track about how awful the track looked and that I felt sorry for the come-from-behind horses.

Always Dreaming, who was up front pretty much from the start, finished looking almost as clean as he started out whereas virtually all the other horses and jockeys came back covered from head to foot in mud.

The joys of running on dirt (or, in this case, mud).

I’m glad that Thunder Snow seems to have come back OK and don’t blame him for not wanting to race in that mud. I sure as heck wouldn’t have wanted to go out in it!!!

ahahah Thunder Snow totally stole the show after I realized he was completely fine.

His bucking spree reminds me of this eventing pony I used to ride. He used to buck all the time, but he was so much fun to ride & jump.