Just felt like sharing

I am excited to be able to say that I am now a “cast member” at the wonderful Disney World in Orlando Florida!

They call it an internship, but I think they just call it that to make our parents feel better about it. I have a job at a few merchandise stores in Downtown Disney, which has nothing to do with my major in civil engineering. I did this because I wanted to experience something new and exciting while I’m young, and I will also have a greater chance of being accepted into a professional internship if I complete this program with a good record. Maybe I’ll be an Imagineer someday.

I applied to this job with a group of three other friends, and we all got accepted. I am a roommate with my best friend since the fifth grade and neighbors with my boyfriend of three years. My best friend and I have four other roommates living in the apartment with us.

It’s been a lot of hard work. I’m not quite used to standing 8+ hours a day without being allowed to lean on something, but I am getting used to it. I’ve had a lot of fun already with both my old and new friends.

If anyone is interested, I can keep posting pictures. This one is of me and my boyfriend with Marie from the Aristocats.

This is of my boyfriend in front of the Epcot ball.

Awww cute pics, and good luck with it I’m sure it will be a wonderful memory making project you can look back on someday! :slight_smile:

Congrats! A friend of mine in college worked at Disney (on the Pirates tour) and raved about it.

Nice! Thats def something i would think is fun. I actually just visited Universal back in November. We didnt get a chance to make it over to Disney, but i hope to someday. Congrats!

Congratulations. Four of us went for a long weekend to Disneyland Paris last year (all adults) and had the best time. Hope you enjoy every minute :slight_smile:

Thank you! I find that even after working an 11 hour day, I still come home in a good mood. I love my job here!