July 8 Updates

• fixed alerts for race results so that fewer of them should show up (it should default to a max of 5 race days’ worth, assuming you’ve clicked on the previous days so they count as seen rather than new)

• added a notification on the horse page telling you how many days and/or uses a horse needs before it can be sold (only if you own the horse and are logged in)

Also added a display on the sidebar (right side of the page) for racing colts:

• if you own the colt, it will say whether he is qualified for stud or not
  • if you don’t own the colt, it will only display if he’s qualified for stud (see finalfurlong.org/horses/edinburgh as an example)

I’ll work on a popup display that will show the breakdown of his qualification status (e.g. what thing(s) he needs to do in order to qualify)

Love the stud qualified bit :slight_smile:

Last update - added colours for genders. :slight_smile: Links and race entries should display in full colour now (including geldings).

Love the colours and the qualifications!

Awesome.

I’m a bit of an idiot…where does it tell me how many days/uses I have before I can sell a pony? I am logged in.

Just between the table with their pedigree/stats and the one with the tabs of racing/breeding/other info.

It only appears if there’s a restriction on the horse, though - if you’ve already run it 4 times, or it’s been more than 6 months, it won’t show anything.

Love the colors and the qualification info and am looking forward to being able to see the popup display that will show the breakdown of a colts qualification status.

Is there any chance that you could tweak the Race Entries table so that the column that shows the number of entries in each race also shows you how many horses you have entered in that race? E.g. We have 2 horses in Race 47 on July 10th. The column that shows the number of entries says 7 for that race, would it be easy to change it so that it says “7 (2)” or something similar, whereas a race with 7 entries that I don’t have any horses entered would just say “7”? If it said “7 (0)” that would work also.

Hooray! I was finally able to reset my password. I’m going to be playing with this like crazy. :slight_smile: Can’t wait for the “needed to qualified” add-on!!

I have that planned, but for performance reasons I haven’t done it yet.

Doesn’t seem to appear for weanlings. I’m looking at a 3 month weanling, finalfurlong.org/horses/almost-there

When I try to look at just one section like broodmares, weanlings, etc if I try to go to page 2 it goes blank every time , the only way I can see them all is if I have every column checked

Please file a bug.

For the stud qualified bit, can the pop-up for what the horse still needs to be stud qualified be enabled when the horse is listed for sale?

Good idea. Yes, I’ll add that in.

Ill file. Report when I get on my PC my iPad wont let me for some reason

These new updates are freaking amazing.  I especially love the part about stud qualifications, and the color coding is helpful.  This thing is really coming along.  Super, super excited to see what comes next.