Ivy Creek - Broodmares for Lease

Throughout the season, I will likely be adding more opportunities to lease out some of my brood band.  Due to poor management (i.e. going MIA most of last year), I just don’t have the funds to support a large breeding season.  So I am offering you a chance to get babies out of mares that I intend to monopolize hereafter.  :stuck_out_tongue:

I am asking what I consider to be very REASONABLE prices - barely enough to cover the tax on the mare at the end of the year.  However, if you feel that these prices are unfair, feel free to PM me any other offers, and I will promise to consider them.

For now, I am going to lease out my newly retired broodmares.  Most of them are from great pedigrees, but have not had a real chance to prove themselves on the track due to my MIA status.  I have included my personal choice for who to breed them to; it is merely a suggestion, and not at all a requirement - breed to whomever you would like!

DEVIL’S DREAM - 2011 chestnut mare, 15.2hh
(NCh. Devil May Care {S} x Ch. Hope’s Dream {S} (x created))
Maiden mare.  Multi-winner. One of only 11 DMC daughters at brood right now, and her dam was a proven stakes winner.  She is 1/2 to Planet Hollywood mare, MSW Ch. Volkl.  For that reason, I personally would choose a PH son, such as Void, Rumor Has It, or Sixth Day to cross with her.
Asking: $10,000 Has been leased to Lochiedo Stables

ETTA JAMES - 2011 bay mare, 17.0hh
(GCh. Jazz It Up {S} x Prosperous Cheater {B} (x created))
Maiden mare. Multi-winner.  Jazz It Up is a silver rated sire and broodmare sire.  The best foal from a Jazz It Up daughter was by Magic Glory, so that’s who I would probably breed her to if she doesn’t lease out.
Asking: $5,000 Has been leased to Freedom Acres

RENEGADE SONG - 2011 chestnut mare, 16.0hh
(Cigar {S} x MissionControl {B} (x created))
Maiden mare. Multi-placed. Dam’s side is relatively unproven at this point, so it could go either way in time.  Her only 1/2 sibling to race (younger than her) is a winner so far.  Sire is silver rated as both a sire and a broodmare sire.  He is also chef-de-race (I/C).  A Cigar daughter produced GCh. Edinburgh when crossed to Slew O’Scots, so that would probably be my choice cross.  And of course, it was a Cigar daughter crossed with Highland Magic that produced the famed Spock.
Asking: $5,000 Has been leased to Marshall Creek Ranch

Post below if you are interested in leasing out any of these gals!

Can I please look after Devil’s Dream please

I have gone ahead & set up the lease.  :slight_smile:  I’m curious to see how it goes & who you choose as a boyfriend for her!  Good luck - I’m keeping my fingers crossed that her pedigree helps create a powerhouse foal for you!

Two of the 3 maidens have found a new home for the year.  :slight_smile:

ETTA JAMES (x Jazz It Up) is still available.

I am adding:

I’M A STAR - 2009 bay mare
(created x created)
Stakes placed mare.  Has produced 2 foals - a yearling colt by V is for Victory, and a weanling filly by All Jazzed Up.  On the track,  she won 4 races from 6 starts as a 2YO, and became stakes placed at 3YO.  I’m hoping her early maturity is hereditary - I’ve used her to cross with later maturing stallions as a result.
Asking: $5,000 Has been leased by Markos

I would love to take Etta James.

All of the maiden mares have been leased out, but I’M A STAR, who was stakes placed at 2YO, is still available.  Also, we have added a new broodmare to our Dispersal Sale thread:

ADRIATIC SWAN - multi-winner, holds speed record for 13f over dirt, has produced 3 foals to date
I will also consider leasing her for the year for $5,000 if preferred.
SOLD to Clicker Lab

Combining threads back, and added a newly retired mare:

SOVEREIGN SONG - 2008 light bay mare
(created x created)
Multi-winner.  Holds a speed record for 8.5f steeplechasing.  Never ran on the flat or as a 2YO, but did well from 3-5YO.  She has produced 3 foals to date - a 2YO colt by Magic Glory, a yearling filly by Bellagio, and a new weanling by Candidate.  I am hoping that her speed translates to her foals, regardless of whether fences are up or not.  Thankfully, we should start getting an idea of her ability to produce soon, since the colt, SOVEREIGN GLORY, will be hitting the track this year.
Asking: $5,000 Leased to Markos

ALYGLAMOUR - 2011 light bay mare
(Alydar {S} x The Cover Girl {S} (x created))
Multi-winner despite being lightly raced and hardly managed.  Never tried hurdles.  She is 1/2 to SW Ch. Undercover Girl and SW Ch. Cover Story.  She is a maiden mare.  Her sire is chef-de-race, and is silver rated as both a sire and broodmare sire.  I own her dam and 4 of her 1/2 siblings, so I don’t need more babies from her at this point.  I may also consider arranging a sale for the right price tag, PM me with offers if so.
Asking: $5,000

Alyglamour is still available.

I am also adding:

DIXIE LOVE - 2006 dark bay mare
(created x created)
Winner with flashy markings.  She has produced 4 foals for us - 2 fillies, and 2 colts.  She did earn several high SFs when she raced, despite placing all over the map.  She has 1 foal to race so far, who has only made 3 starts so far.  I own the filly, who is by Magic Cross - she seems to be really immature, as she takes forever to recoup her energy after races right now.  So I don’t think her record is a very accurate picture of what she may be capable of.  Still, I realize that Dixie is a bit of a gamble, so I’ve priced her accordingly…
Asking: $5,000 or will sell for $15,000

JE SUIS PREST - 2008 light chestnut mare
(created x created)
Winner.  She has produced 4 foals for us - a filly and 3 colts.  Her 3YO colt, Imprimis, is owned by me, and only has 3 lifetime starts.  He just finished 2nd in his last start, but seems immature due to his long recovery times between races.  Not sure what she can produce at this point, but the answer shouldn’t take too long to reveal itself.
Asking: $5,000 or will sell for $15,000

MORNING DEELITES - 2008 dark grey mare
(created x created)
Winner.  Has produced 4 foals, all of them dark grey.  She has 1 runner so far - a tall colt with 5 lifetime starts that I’m still trying to figure out.  He seems mature, but I’m still sorting out what he needs to run well.  Same as Je Suis Prest - not sure how her foals will run, but we should have an answer soon enough.
Asking: $5,000 or will sell her for $10,000