If TRR Was Your Horse

Hey all,

So I need some advice on several horses, but mostly one. I own The Red Romance and up until 2 races ago, I was gung-ho on running him in the BC Classic. He’s 3rd on the list but hasn’t hit the board in his last two races. He’s also qualified in the Dirt Mile. Would you put him in either? Would you change his equipment? Would you kick him back to an upcoming G1 Turf race?

Thanks!
Lil

I would run him in the classic, maybe change equipment but that depends on work out comments…

Guess I’m a little bit late to this party, but thought I’d offer my opinion anyway. This is just me personally, but I mainly look at finish times, and I would play a little more cautiously with this one, like an allowance or a cheaper stakes race. If you’re really set on a BC run though, I don’t see much difference in quality between his mile-ish races versus his distance races. He seems to like either one equally well. How’s he doing on rest? And I’d definitely look at the jockey comments to see if there’s any insight there, though that would only matter if he has a jockey who knows him extremely well.