howdy

Hey everyone! Grace here. I’m an almost 21 year old college student living in Ohio. I’m studying psychology and neuroscience :smiley: Which is a blast. Except during exams. Which are happening this week. Ohnoes.

I have a Paint gelding named Domino who is the love of my life, and I am hoping to event him in the spring. I also ride on my school’s dressage and hunt seat teams, so that has been… an experience? Ha.

Think that’s about it - can’t wait to get started!

Welcome to the game :slight_smile:

Welcome!

I’m a fellow eventer - completely addicted. :slight_smile: I sold my horse to move to London this year, but am hoping to get back into it in a couple of years (especially since there’re SO many competitions going on in England!).

Thanks! :smiley:

Glad there’s another eventer around, although I’m very jealous you’re moving to London :wink: I learned most of my riding overseas in South Africa, and I’ve had such a hard time finding a good outlet for it in Ohio. I’m sorry you had to sell your horse though, it’s a hard thing to do.

London’s not very good for eventing, since all the events are out in the countryside. (And, being a Londoner, I have no car to get to them.)

However…2012 Olympics? Totally there. :smiley:

Shanthi, have you looked into joining British Eventing? You can usually get discounts into events as a spectator.

Excellent :smiley: London 2012 should be a blast. I got to go to WEG and watch the cross country because my friend lives very close to the horse park, so accommodations and food were provided. It was so fantastic to see! I bet London will be great, too - seems like the big international events are getting more and more insane (in a good way, I think?) each year.

I’ve joined as a volunteer, and wouldn’t mind volunteering for events (that are on the weekends, anyway, there are a lot of weekday horse trials here!). The trick is getting to the events, though.

I meant to watch the WEG this year, and totally forgot. :frowning: I bet it was super fun to see in person, though!

GRACE! It’s Pinto! :smiley:

I know! :smiley: I have super deductive powers.
waves