How'd you do?

Somehow I always end up with the boys.  ::)

[color=blue]Crafty Inn is a very nice looking 3yo Black Colt. He has a generated pedigree so not much to go on there, and only two starts so far, though they are nice ones. He debuted in May of this year in a Starter Allowance, coming home 2nd/6. Then raced a month later in claimer, once again coming in 2nd/6. He’s running tomorrow in a NW1 Allowance. Stretched the distance, though kept him on the dirt, we’ll see what happens.

[color=blue]Indian Summer is a 16.0hh chestnut 2yo, as yet unraced. His dam, Wonderifyou’llkissme is an unraced daughter of Wonder’s Pride. She only has four foals of racing age, one being Indian Summer who is still unraced, all are winners, she also is the dam of GI winner Oscillation. Wonderifyou’llkissme is also a half sister to SW I’ll Never Tell, SP Brassy n’ Sassy and Secret Keeper. Indian Summer is in the last crop of stallion Kentucky Summer. Kentucky Summer only has 15 foals to his name, including MSW Yes Massa, SW Seeing Is Believing, SP Southern Royalty and Eternal Summer. According to the GOT Indian Summer has quite a bit of speed, and seems to be able to run a bit of distance. He seems to be a bit moody, and doesn’t have any idea what to do at a jump. I’m thinking Indian Summer might turn out to be a sprinter, not only is he fast, he has a lot of early speed also. Apparently he’s quite the competitor which is a very nice thing in a racehorse, and doesn’t have a problem navigating traffic. It will be interesting to see what he turns out like.

[color=blue]Playin’ Hookie is a 16hh Bay 2yo out of the mare Out And About. Out And About was a good little racer, coming in 4th or better in 19 of 24 starts. Out and About only has one starter, Homecoming who has placed. Playin’ Hookie has a very nice sire in Class Act who has sired superstars such as MSW’s I’m A Classic, First And Only, and Witness, SW’s Marilyn Monroe and Pink Ace and SP Heartful Act, Thespian, and Juliet. Playin’ Hookie himself has a pretty good report from the GOT. He seems to be a bit slow at the start, though at the same time he runs like a sprinter so we’ll have to see. It seems as though he has some tactical speed, he can run well with the field and also has a good turn of foot, though apparently he has no stamina to speak of and is a bit moody. Apparently he loves to jump, and if he’s like his mother he will. He does want to run, and seems to listen well, and like Indian Summer is quite good with traffic, we’ll have to wait and see.

[color=blue]Party Boat 16hh Bay 2yo Colt. He is the last offspring of his dam, Party Girl who was a good broodmare, of 8 foals on the track, once is unraced, her three year old is placed, and the rest are winners, including MSW millionare, La Fiesta. Party Boat has the ever famous Seabiscuit as a sire. Seabiscuit has provided quite a few good horses in FF including; MSW’s Cutlass, Revolution, Untamed Horizons, and Heartoftheocean. SW’s Rum Runner, Go Overboard, Smooth Sailing, and Buccaneer. SP Sea Aflame, Heat Things Up, and Sailor’s Girl. Party Boat has an okay report from the GOT, he likes to fall asleep at the start, though he’s got quite a bit of speed, he doesn’t have much stamina. Apparently he’s not the most consistent and doesn’t seem to really care either way if he wins or not, though he is quite willing to do what you ask.

had a good auction sold one for $1,500 and bought 5 for $5,000

Easy A 2y/o colt he has a generated pedigree raced once in a 5f claimer finishing 5Th going to try him in Blinkers down to run on The 15th race 14 7f NW 2 allowance

Minardi Gold 3y/o Gelding he has a generated pedigree has run four time best finish was on his debut in a 7.5f claimer he is 17.2h so thinking of taking him chasing after a couple more starts over longer distances on the flat

Semi Nutz  2y/o colt unraced he has a generated pedigree Flea-bitten grey only 15.3h entered in the Gr. 3 Graduation Stakes for 2yo (Turf) race 18 on the 15th may will be pulling him out of that race in favour of a maiden does not look much but only cost $1000 so anything he does on the track i will be happy with

SpritofArabia 2y/o filly unraced 16.2h chestnut have not decided what to do with her yet

Demanding April Weanling filly 15.3h
Daughter of GCh. Backseat Driver and In Demand

sire was very good over longer distances winning over 3 million dollars in win and place prize money
Dam only raced three times placing second in a Group 3 Steeplechase
looking forward to this horse running i will have a long wait but i am patient

So , we picked up one more.

Phenomenon. a weanling colt, to round out our weanlings to 7. he’s 1/2 to SW I will Survive, and SP Charlston. by Conspiracy Theory,who seems to usually toss winners, so we’re hoping he’s a solid money earner Allowance if not stakes quality :slight_smile:

Okay so I wasn’t going to purchase a horse this time around but my heart skipped a beat when I saw this filly.

[color=red]Loveem’nrun, formerly Lovers Lament-
Beautiful black filly by one of my favorite stallions WCh. Secret Of Love.  Love currently has 6 MSW’s, 3 SW’s, 6 SP’s, and 8 winners; leaving only 3 of his foals non-winners which happen to be 2yo’s…lol.  Though, Love Triange is placed and has a 4th place stakes start as a 2yo.  Loveem’nrun is half to MSW and millionaire Worth The Trouble and MSW Snowflake, her other siblings are winners or SPer’s.  We’re honored to have gotten this yearling filly for 100k and can’t wait to work with her next year. :slight_smile:

Added one more, making our total purchases five.

[color=blue]Highest Calling is a mahogany bay yearling out of the mare Freedom’s Call by the stallion High Demand. Highest Calling’s dam herself was unraced, but has provided quite a few nice horses including, SW Highland Freedom and SP Magic Girl and Call My Name. Highest Calling’s sire was also unraced, and didn’t have a very long breeding career, this colt is his last crop, and his total progeny equal only eleven including SP Always In Demand. Highest Calling is also a full brother to Demand to Win, a 9yo gelding who is doing really well this year.

Raceaway brought home one more filly before the auction was done-

Odette (formerly Ever Hopeful, new name is a line thing, goes back to her great-granddam Swan Lake) is a yearling filly from the last foal crop of Resident Evil and the mare Swan’s Hope.  She’s 1/2 to SW Meadow Swan and SP Hope’s Victory, and Resident Evil has had a few SWs as well, so I’m hoping for a decent runner out of this filly. 

So, three girls came home with me in all, Odette, Bandia an Gaelach, and Fog of Time.  I have high hopes for Bandia, and with the other two, we’ll have to see!

Jason was kind enough to put in some bids, and in doing so expanded (by half) our broodmare barn.  YAY Jason!

All of them seem to have been rolled, which is exactly what we wanted.  Here’s who we snagged.

Cherry Flavored A 7yo mare, who ran for 2 years for FF (I imagine) and was most successful at dirt endurance, securing herself a win at 5yos.  She’s been bred to Romeo and is due in May.

Cryptorose–another 7yo mare, also rolled, but this time with no track record.  She comes bred to Harvard Bound for a June baby.

Daybreak at Dawn–another 2003 mare.  This one raced, bringing home a win and a couple placings.  Not as successful as Cherry Flavored, but still nice.  In foal to Almost Home, due in June.

Hoppinonmyhalo–Unplaced as a 5yo, this 6yo mare has already given birth to a healthy colt, Hidden Halo by Run For It.  She’s in foal to Harvard Bound for a May baby.

So, we’ve got a bunch of wild cards in our broodmare barn, and I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling lucky.

Cat