How'd You Do? 2026

Picked up 5 for 5k so very happy.

In Our Time (ICh. Devil’s Walk x Farewell to Arms) is a bay weanling filly. Shocked to pick her up for the bare minimum. Half to MSW GCh. USS Vengeance, and SP Ch. Aureus Stella whom we own. We’ve had great luck with Devil’s Walk so very hopeful. “In Our Time” is a short story collection by Ernest Hemingway, who also wrote A Farewell to Arms.

Matchbox (GCh. All That Appeal x Firefly) is a chestnut yearling colt. Since we picked up All That Appeal, we’ve wanted to acquire more of his foals. Half-sibs haven’t done much with mostly FF management, but the dam Firefly is half to two gold producers so hopefully with proper management he has a lot of potential.

Dark Irish (GCh. Dark Ages x Irish Monday) is a black weanling filly. From 3 half-siblings, one is SP and the two others are placed, but most were FF owned and didn’t race until 5 or older.

Fiend (GCh. Spirit in the Sky x Devil’s Dawn) is a red chestnut weanling filly. I liked the combo of Lasting Spirit and Devil His Due in the third gen. I’m curious to see how Spirit in the Sky does at stud.

Santa Ynez (California Chrome x WCh. Find The Meadow) is a liver chestnut weanling filly. I have great luck with California Chrome, and Find the Meadow was a phenomenal racehorse with 18 SW’s and over $6M earnings. She only had 3 other foals, and all are inactive. Named for the Santa Ynez Valley in California.

5 Likes

I bought one yearling filly, Ganbatte by NCh. LiveLong&Prosper and out of Ch. Pure Magic (Magic Man). She’s a 15.2h black filly, already reached her minimal height. Ganbatte means “cheer up, be courageous, do your best” in Japanese.

3 Likes

Went home with 4 out of my top 5, so happy with that! Had to spend some money to get them though!

Ride at Dawn (NCh. Ducati x Endless Dawn), 14.1h chestnut yearling filly. Endless Dawn only has 2 racing foals, one of them being MSW GCh. Flaming Key and a two-year-old with a 3-1-2-0 race record. She’s also 1/2 to retired stallion WCh. Brigade. Excited to see how this filly does!.
$35,500

Soap Opera (ICh. Blue Smoke x Ch. Opera Diva), 16.1 dark bay yearling filly. This lady is 1/2 to 100% winners, including MSW Ch. Space Opera. Her dam, Ch. Opera Diva was no slouch on the track either, winning 10/31 of her starts.
$1,000

Trigger Happy (Gun Runner x Ch. No Authority), 15.2 dark bay yearling filly. No Authority is silver ranked, with three Ch. SW offspring. Only one of her non-champion babies is not owned by FF, so banking on this girl packing some talent. Also happy to add a filly by Gun Runner to the string, as we only have one runner by him so far.
$1,000

BlastFromThePast (NCh. Franco Classico x GCh. While it Lasts), 14.3 dark bay yearling filly. Born to two superstar parents this girl should grow up to be a dirt monster. Most of her siblings are FF owned, but the one that’s not is MSW & Ch. titled. While It Lasts is also 1/2 to gold-ranked NCh. Fingerprints and silver-ranked Tiburon Mariposa. All in all, she’s looking to tear up the track soon.
$20,000

Claim To Fame (Ich. First Born Son x NCh. Star Spun), 14h black yearling filly. This little lady still has some growing to do, but we’re not expecting her to peak before 3 or 4 anyway. 1/2 to 2 champions out of 2 racers, one being MSW and out of a mare who won 6 stakes herself we’re looking forward to seeing how she does on the track! We only have one racer by First Born Son, so it’s nice to add another too.
$20,000

3 Likes

Went after 4 colts and got all of them, three for the minimum and one for $50,500. The criteria that we were looking for was DOB. Two were born on March 12th and two on June 24th, both dates which have a lot of meaning to me.

Ancient West (N.Ch. Ancient Magic x Ch. Mae West), a grey yearling colt, born on June 24th.

Chunky’s Promise (NCh. Lake Highlands x Ch. Broken Promises), a grey yearling colt, born on March 12th. Broken Promises is Gold-ranked.

Walk with Chunky (I.Ch. Devil’s Walk x Skyscape), a grey weanling colt, born on March 12th. Skyscape is Gold-ranked.

Wannabe Singer (G.Ch. Turnpike Wannabe x Cherokee Song), a roan weanling colt, born on June 24th. Cherokee Song is Silver-ranked.

4 Likes

5 for 5, fine by me!
I was going mostly for yearlings, since I missed a couple years in the breeding shed and my 2 year old string is gonna be pretty light next year. Wanted to have at least a couple babies to start. I also missed the first day of the auction due to travel, so most of the good ones I had my eye on were already gone.

Spellsword (NCh. Hogwarts x Bold Promise), a bay yearling filly standing 14.1 hands. Probably gonna end up starting late due to her small size. She’s half to MSP Ch. Gambler. I mostly just snagged her to get another yearling.

TheNightIsYoung (NCh. Lucky Streak x Young At Heart), a 16h grey yearling colt. Glad to grab a big one–he’ll start in April or May. He only has one half-sib who wasn’t managed by FF, who didn’t do well as a 2 year old, but Candidate is a gold-ranked broodmare sire so I’m hoping Young At Heart (who we actually picked up at auction late last year) will come into her own.

Insubstantial (NCh. Exit Poll x Ch. Feeble Excuse), a 16h strawberry roan filly. Another big one, and I love getting an uncommon color. Her dam is a SW-MSP even if her half-siblings haven’t done much on the track, and none of the damline has ever been tried in SC, so maybe this Exit Poll filly will fare better over fences.

Lucky Numbers (NCh. Lucky Streak x Regal Countess), a brown weanling colt standing 10.3h. This is the only weanling I picked up. Half to two SW.

Starfinder (NCh. Hogsmeade x Everstar), a 14.2h dark grey yearling. Only has one SP sibling, but for $1k what’s the harm?

4 Likes

I ended up with 5 horses and 4/5 of my first choice picks, so I was pretty happy about that. I missed out on a Gun Runner colt that I didn’t put a high enough reserve on, and then got stuck in a snow storm headed home from work and missed the auction close time. I ended up with 4 colts and a filly:

Below Zero (Frosted x Ocean Way), a yearling colt. His dam is silver ranked and has a stakes placed and stakes winner foal. I don’t have many horses from Frosted, so was excited for this pairing.

Gilded Brigand (Irish Gold x Lady Bandit), a weanling colt. His dam is silver ranked and has one other foal that is a winner. I’m expecting this foal to be a steeplechase horse.

Névé (Thunder Snow x Money Prospect), a weanling filly. Her dam is silver ranked and has produced two stakes winning foals. She is out of Thunder Snow, who I don’t have any horses from yet. Regardless of how her racing career goes, I’ll probably keep her as a broodmare.

Unnamed (Devil’s Walk x Rannoch), a weanling colt. His dam is gold ranked and produced 2 stakes winners.

Unnamed (Naval Commander x Walks on Water), weanling colt. His dam is silver ranked and has produced 3 stakes winners. She is stakes placed on both surfaces.

1 Like

I was hoping to snag one filly in particular and ended up coming home with five fillies in total, three yearlings and two weanlings. Happy with them all - most were a bargain and bring some new lines into the barn (not that I need any more potential broodmares!).

Sidestep was my top choice. She’s a weanling daughter of Phenomenal who’s doing quite well with a limited number of runners so far. Dam is gold ranked Detour, a RDC daughter of Cross Roads. Hopeful she’ll earn back her purchase price of $50,500.

Linguist - June born yearling by Blue Smoke out of Lieutenant Uhura (Spock). I owned Blue Smoke for a time but seem to have sold off most of his stock so was quite keen to add this filly to the team, especially as her granddam is Platinum ranked Candyland. Cost $1000.

Inky. July yearling. By Highland Burning out of Waving Octopus (Octagonal). Dam is a MSW half-sister to NCh Aptitude. She’s produced one MSW to date. $1000.

Ruby Tuesday. Another July yearling. By the now retired Straticus out of a created mare who was stakes placed on the track. Her oldest runner is a SW. $1000.

Break of Dawn. March weanling. By Fading Colours out of NCh Night’s Over. Dam hasn’t produced anything of note yet but was a turf monster on the track, would have easily qualified for stud duty had she been a colt. Fading Colours did most of his racing on dirt but his own dam was also an exceptional turf runner so I’m hopeful this one will have some ability. Also cost $1000.

3 Likes

Just saw the little icon for your birthday today!! Happiest of birthdays to you @imagine!!

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

Happy birthday, Emma.

1 Like

We managed to pick up 3 that I really wanted and ended up losing another but I’m happy with my purchases!

Meet Mr. Mayhem
GCh. Venture His Due (B) x Ch. Bright Naiad (B) - Ch. Irish River (S)
14.1h bay colt yearling - picked up his Sire earlier this year and have been running around trying to scoop up as many of his babies as possible. All but 1 of his siblings are FF owned but with his Dam being MSP I’m hoping some talent will trickle down.

Timelessly Classy
NCh. Franco Classico x Bold Melody (S) - Bold Ruler (S)
14.3h brown filly yearling - picked up this filly as she is already close to her minimal height also been looking to add some Franco blood to the barn. Her Dam is silver ranked SW & SP.

Miss Etiquette
GCh. Venture His Due (B) x Classy Cool Lady (S) - Created
14.2h flea-bitten grey filly yearling - well I’m a sucker for greys and she’s a Venture foal to boot! Her Dam is silver ranked SP and all but 1 sibling is FF owned. Very much looking forward to her hitting the track this upcoming year.

WhistlinDownDaLane
GCh. Superdocious (B) x Skip Lane (S) - Created
14.1h dark bay filly yearling - Her Dam is silver ranked SW & SP with a 1/2 sibling thats already a 3 yo SW, SP, Millionaire. Hoping this lady finds her feet rather early and hits the track with a vengeance lol

TinManWithAHeart
ICh. Devil’s Walk (B) x Ch. Robadorable (S) - Created
14.3h dark bay colt weanling - had to snag this big boy. His Dam is silver ranked MSW & MSP that sadly passed only 3 months after giving birth. All but 1 sibling is FF owned so hoping this (not so little) little guy will run those long legs of his right into the winners circle more often that not

2 Likes

Thanks Lewis