How'd you do 2022?

Waiting on one more but secured two of our first choices.

[color=red]Faylinn. MSP daughter of Empire Maker out of GCh Lady Fae. Bred by Stillwater Farms, she’s been purchased as a broodmare prospect. Lots of MSW in the wider family including NCh Lord Nelson and WCh Usain Bolt. Cost $1000.

[color=blue]Burning Galaxy. 2yo colt by Candidate out of a silver-ranked Lonesome Glory mare. Half to a MSW and a SW. Unplaced in his only start but early days yet. He was already at the track in England so he’s taken the short ride back to the farm and he’ll now have a bit of time to mature. Hopefully a nice prospect for the future. Cost $1000.

Got our first choice but had to go to the maximum $100k to get her.

Unnamed yearling filly by [color=blue]FFCh. I’m No Fool (S) out of [color=red]GCh. Peer To Peer (S).

I would like to name her [color=red]Queen of Fools, but, as there already is a [color=red]Queen’s Fool, I don’t know if this would be considered to be too close to that name.

Extremely excited to bring home [color=blue]WCh. Strike it Rich to our slowly growing stallion lineup. I am surprised no one else bid, but I suppose he is older. Personally a steal at 100k, given his record. Because it’s so late in the breeding season, however, I only had two mares to send to him this year. Next year will be a completely different matter, as we will have both Strike it Rich and Nobly Regal (and our old boy French Ruby) right from the beginning.

Now just twiddling my thumbs until spending limits are increased.  :wink:

Sorry, that is too close.

My Mixed Auction purchases usually don’t stick around for too long, so the list was short… but I took home two relatively cheap gold ranked broodmares; [color=red]Odyssey and [color=red]Cat Surfer. Odyssey is in foal to Player and Cat Surfer is not in foal; will wait with breeding till next year, because I’m impatient with those late bloomers 2yo’s… and she will probably go to one of my stallions.

Final one’s in.

[color=red]Spin To Win. Yearling filly by I’m No Fool out of Ch Spin Doctor (Candidate). First foal. Dam was a MSW, including a Grade 1 as a 2yo. Our most expensive purchase at $63,500.

Decided to pick up some more boys since my stable seems to be mare/filly heavy. Lol. All bought for 1k each.

[color=blue]Royal Sacred One - 4YO by GCh. Tottenham Hotspur (S) x GCh. Princess Kaiulani
Not an incredibly impressive track record, but he’s got good bloodlines, and I figured he ought to be able to at least earn 1k back. 3/4 siblings to MSW [color=red]Ch. Bonnie Tottenham, MSP [color=red]Ch. Dixie’s Spurs, MSP [color=red]Ch. Spurs Park Lane.

[color=blue]Fabulous Throne - 3YO by GCh. Dixie Time (S) x Ch. Opening Statement
Unplaced as of yet, but he’s only run once and he’s been owned by Final Furlong, so hoping he improves with some training.

[color=blue]Palazzo Pubblico - 3YO by ICh. Belanso (S) x Demand Your Time (G)
No wins in 20 races, but being a June baby, he’s only just recently turned 3, so interested to see how he does over the next year. He’s half to SW Ch. [color=green]Dr. Caton and SW [color=green]Ch. Summer Sensation.

[color=blue]East Wind - Weanling by GCh. Superdocious x Ch. Easterner (B)
Half to SP [color=red]Drumline and SP [color=blue]Boston Tea Party.

[color=blue]Lasting Gold - Weanling by NCh. Last For More x Ch. Golden Fiddle (B)
Half to SP [color=red]Java Bar and SP [color=red]Ch. La Infernale.

No problem. My second choice was going to be [color=red]Foolish Lady. There is already a [color=red]My Lady’s Fool, but I think this should be far enough away to be acceptable.

Shelbie, I hate to burst your bubble but, when Shanthi raises the limits, it is only the “Number of Horses” limit that is raised, not the actual Spending limit. We are still limited to $100k max. Like me, you’re just going to have to sit the rest of this Auction out.

Drat, but good to know! I’ve never spent this much before, so I’ve never noticed. Probably best I sit on my hands!

Yep, that one’s fine. :slight_smile:

Picked up four relatively cheaply, did put large bid in for the Im No Fool filly Lewis paid 100k for
Fear Nothing (Robin Hood x Valore Di Bellezza) $1000 could be interesting over 12f
Gutsy Sense (Gunningdownromance x Gallantry)$1,000 needs more distance than she’s been running over
Amusing Owl (Mr Prospective x Hit The Park)$1,000 His future is probably over jumps
Unnamed (Unabridged x Lucky Kitty) $1000 On pedigree she should be a fast early 2yo sprinter

Should make purchase prices back

Really happy with my picks and didn’t spend too much money! What I didn’t realize until now though is that I bought 5 fillies/mares lolol

Victoriosa - V is for Victory x My Babu - Yearling filly out of a silver-ranked mare and is half to MSW Ch. Devilish Intent and SP That’sMyPointBaby, Ch. All the Right move, and HeartsAllOver. Bought for $1k.

Hollywood Dixie - Dixie Time x Hollywood Victory - Yearling filly out of a gold-ranked mare. Half to MSW GCh. A Pharoahs Victory, GCh. Triomphe, and GCh. Quest for Victory. Bought for $15,500, still a pretty good deal!

Unnamed - Blue Smoke x Ancient Gold - Yearling filly out of bronze-ranked mare and she’s half to SW Archangel Raphael. Bought for $1k.

Ch. Lilac Wars - High On Love x Keep Quiet - 5yo MSP mare,  Mostly picked up because I like her name. She’s still running well so definitely not heading to broodmare duty until next year. Bought for $1k.

Paint Me Perfect - Gallant Fox x Jour d’Or - Dam is gold-ranked and has produced MSW GCh. Biscayne Bay, Ch Mandurah & SW Tee En Tee. Sent her to Strike It Rich for a 2023 foal. Bought for $1k.

I was tempted to pick him up because I own Belanso, but decided to diversify my herd! Good luck with him.

Thanks! Haha. Talking about needing to diversify…I now have 6 Belanso runners and 1 Belanso weanling. XD

Picked up 3 more because I’m starting to hoard horses…

[color=blue]Captain America - Weanling colt by Blue Smoke out of Embassy. REALLY surprised this name wasn’t taken. I keep collecting foals out of the stallions I own so they get an active home so I couldn’t pass this guy up. Plus, I liked his lines. He’s half to Ch. American Jazz who is still running and placing in stakes at 5.

[color=red]Etoile Rose - Created broodmare. I just liked her name and I realized I didn’t breed a mare to American Pharoah this year so I needed to do that. I need more broodmares like I need a hole in my head but oh well. :stuck_out_tongue:

[color=red]Fiesteco - broodmare by Temptation out of Summer Lovin’. Picked up because I liked her color and she has different lines than what I currently have. Grand-dam is gold ranked so maybe she’ll be a good producer. Sent to Blue Smoke for 2023 foal.