How'd You Do? 2020

Brought home 3 of my top 5 picks, including my #1 choice, so pretty good! My other 2 top picks went to 100k or close to. I have one more bid out and I’m keeping an eye on a 6th if he’s still available when the horse limit is raised. In all, just 4k spent on 4 horses.

[color=red]Capture It - 11.3hh bay weanling filly by NCh. Away the Lads out of An Indy Thing, by A.P. Indy. Half to multi-winner Madagascar. Top choice as I really liked the Slew O’Scots/A.P. Indy combo. Bought for 1k.

[color=red]Fear Nothing - 15.0hh bay yearling filly by NCh. Robin Hood out of Ch. Valore de Bellezzura, by ICh. Gunningdownromance. Robin Hood only had 103 foals with a high silver ranking. Granddam is half to Worth the Wait. Bought for 1k.

[color=red]Premium Ruby - 15.0hh brown yearling filly by NCh. French Ruby out of Premium Lace, by Irish River. By our own French Ruby, I liked the mix with Irish River. Bought for 1k.

[color=red]Flag Unfurling - 13.3hh light chestnut yearling by ICh. V is for Victory out of Shameka. Didn’t realize V is for Victory, who is one of my favorites, had retired until this auction so I had to grab a foal. Shameka didn’t race until 5 and managed a 4th at stakes level and multiple wins. Half to 5 winners from 5 runners. Bought for 1k.

Brought home 4 of our top 7 picks. 2 of the other 3 went to $100k and the other one is currently sitting at more than what I have available under the limit. Have a bid in on one more with about 9 hours left. Have my eye on a couple of others if they are still around if/when the limit on the number of horses increases.

[color=red]Beyond the Void - 13.3h Light grey weanling filly by NCh. Void (S) out of Beyond The Sunset (B). We have her half-brother, [color=blue]Bareil, out of ICh. Belanso (S). Bought for $1k.

[color=blue]Grandiose Castle - 14.2h Blue roan yearling colt by recently retired FFCh. TakeMeToHollywood (S) out of I’m Not Pink (S). Considering that both parents are Silver-Ranked, an unbelievable bargain at $1k.

[color=blue]Ledgendary Fortune - 14.1h Dark bay yearling colt by our own retired GCh. Major’s Flight (G) out of Ch. Fallen Angel (B). Bought for $13k.

[color=blue]Weapon - 15.1h Dark bay yearling colt by our stallion NCh. Lucky Streak out of Ch. Hermione (B). Bought for $1k.

I didn’t really get excited about anything… maybe because I’m planning to sell some of my own. But I got one and lost a bid on another.

[color=blue]Like Whatever (ICh. Belanso x Ch. She Doesn’t Get It) - 14.3h dark grey colt bred and sold by Whisperwood Acres. I like his name :wink: I know it can be still changed but just wanted to keep it… his estimated height is  14.3h - 15.2h so he actually already reached the minimum. I also have one weanling colt by Belanso. Dam has a steeplechase speed record and she didn’t race much but she stayed on the track for a long time. Belanso is already silver as a sire and has one millionaire in his offspring.
Price $1,000.

Picked up 2 with one outstanding bid. Lost out on two others due to spending limits, but that’s probably just as well given the size of the baby barn.

[color=blue]Dark Destination is a weanling colt by ICh. Dark Continent out of Ch. Finally. His dam was stakes placed on the track, but he’s a bit of a mystery as his oldest sibling (2yo filly by Golden Text) is unraced. We bred his granddam Foxfire, so have a family connection. Bought for $5k.

[color=blue]Celtic Tiger is a weanling colt by NCh. Celtic Star out of Ch. Full As A Tiger. His dam was also stakes placed on the track, and his oldest (and only) sibling to race (mare by All Jazzed Up) has won at both 2 and 3. He’s our first Celtic Star foal so it’ll be interesting to see what he can do. Bought for $5k.

Picked up one more.

[color=blue]Iron Poetry (formerly Forever Royal) - 13.3hh chestnut weanling colt by ICh. Long Live the King out of Ch. Spartan Queen, by NCh. Highland Wizard. Dam is half to MSW. Damline traces back to gold-ranked Townsend Prince and Townsend Holly. Sam Sire/BM Sire cross as MSW Ch. Gonnabeamightyking. Bought for 1k.

Picked up 4, including our top three picks.

[color=red]Gateway
Crystal Rainbow x Ch Ireland (S). We bred Ireland’s first foal (sold in utero) and he’s now MW, MP so we thought we’d give this lady a go. By a nice stallion, we’re looking forward to running her next year.

[color=red]Registered
Weanling by Sunday Paper out of GCh The Good Stuff (What’s Debatable). Dam was a nice runner and we’ve leased her this year and will hopefully have a half sibling to this filly next year.

[color=red]Highly Prized
Weanling by Curlin out of Hollywood Heiress (What’s It Worth). From Curlin’s first crop out of a solid mare who’s produced two multi stakes winners from her foals to race to date. Further back the family contains NCh Clockstoper and FFCh TakeMeToHollywood.

[color=red]Simplicity
Weanling by Simply Heroic out of Donnaconna (Exacutive Orders). Dam’s only runner to date is a MSW.

Was able to pick up my 6th choice!

[color=blue]Dark Materials - 12.hh black weanling colt b ICh. Ring of Fire out of No I Can’t. Dam set 2 speed records. Half to 1 winner and 1 SP. Bought for 1k.

Several days ago, I picked up [color=red]Chinook Winds, a pretty dark grey filly by Highland Burning-Northern Coast. Got her for $1k for both her name and for being from the Rogue sireline.