How'd You Do 2020

Well, we got our top pick but goofed a bit. We had a list of about 8 horses we were interested and had worked out our max bid for them. As soon as the Auction opened, we put a bid on our top pick and then remembered that, as this was a FF Auction, not only was there a limit for how many horses we could bid on (knowing that there was a good chance that this limit would probably be increased later on), but there was also a limit on how much we can spend. As I had already placed my bid, there is nothing I can do about it, except watch three other horses on my wish list go to other stables. Oh well.

The one I did get is [color=blue]Unapologetic, a 3yo bay colt by [color=blue]FFCh. Foolhardy § out of [color=red]Unnamed (B). He has 4 wins in 22 starts and earnings of $115,600, so hopefully will begin repaying his purchase fee shortly.

A nice new filly at Clicker Lab!

[color=red]Nope - 16.3h chestnut filly by NCh. Player, out of Rarin’ to Go (Rahy). Both her granddams are gold ranked.

Purchase price: $100,000 :astonished: the previous bid on her was $1,000 by Coleman Branch and they are still buying other horses at the auction, so I suppose that this was a mistake; anyway, happy to have the filly and she’ll soon start some training.

Managed to get both horses on our wishlist for $1000 each.

[color=red]Ch Ring The Alarm is a 10yo mare by What’s Debatable out of Highland Gold §, making her a half-sister to FFCh I’m No Fool. She was MSP on the track. Her eldest foal is a MSW. In foal to Black Light II.

[color=red]Vanessa Atalanta is a 9yo mare by War Admiral out of NCh American Black. We already own two of her half sisters (NCh Highland Paint and GCh Mississippi). She was MW, MP on the track, winning on dirt, turf and over fences. She’s not been bred yet so no foals to date. We’re undecided whether to breed her this year or get an early cover in 2021.

Very nice, Emma.

I’m still not looking at the catalogue…really…

I had 3 on my wanted list and came home with 2.

[color=red]Chance of Fire (FFCh. High Chances x Ebony Fires, by Bright Fires). I need another broodmare like I need a hole in the head, but I liked her breeding. Unbred, SW of 390k, including G1P. Half to MSW GCh. Thisdevilsonfire and four other SW/SP runners. Damsire only produced 2 other mares, both silver-ranked and dams of 1 MSW and additional SP/SW foals. Her dam, Bright Fires, is half to WCh. Nightfight and WCh. Gotta Go. Bought for 1k.

[color=red]Good Vibes (NCh. Mr. Prospective x Vibrant, by A.P. Indy). Dam is SP and has produced 2 winners from 2 runners, and is half to ICh. Worth The Wait, Shining Bright (dam of MSW NCh. Path Finder), Shining Spotlight (dam of MSW’s GCh. Chasing Stardom and Ch. Ch. Exceptionalmiss), and Beauty Affirmed (dam of 2 SW’s from 4 runners). Bought for $50,500.

No new kids for a while.  ::)

Shelbie & Emma - Good luck with Chance of Fire and Ring the Alarm. They were #'s 2 & 3 on my wish list. Vanessa Atalanta was also on my list, although only my back-up list.

If you ever decide to sell them in the next few years, can I please have first refusal?

Absolutely!

Brought home one more:

[color=blue]Saint George (GCh. Latino Mix x Joan of Arc, by Lonesome Glory). Unplaced at 2 in his only start, but ran 3rd in his only start this year back in January (and the two horses he lost two went on to be a SW and MSP). Half to SP Ch. Heaven’s Halo. Bought for 1k.

Got two so far

Wonzit Erifnob - Tiznow X Bonfire by Highlsnd Rogue
Funfetti - Sun King X Sparkle by Irish River

Well for our first auction I chose 5 horses I felt would be good for our stable. I picked 2 broodmares, 1 racehorse and 2 yearlings that show promise.

1st is stakes winner [color=red]Ch. Swing Jazz is a 7 yo sired by [color=blue]GCh Jazz It Up (G) out of [color=red]A Splash of Color. We bred her to [color=blue]NCh. Dark Demand for her first foal.

2nd is Multi-Winner [color=red]Always A Hayday is a 6 yo sired by [color=blue]No Duplicate (G) and out of [color=red]Miss Hayday (G) Reine -de-Course (I/C) Making her 1/2 to MSW ICh. Little Miss, NCh. Gone Haywire, GCh. My Lucky Day, Ch. Have A Hayday and Dancethedayaway. We bred her to [color=blue]GCh. Superdocious for her second foal.

3rd is the race horse [color=red]Sheza Warrior a 4 yo sired by [color=blue]NCh. Black Warrior (G) and out of [color=red]Sheza Wild One (B) making her 1/2 to SW Ch. Restless Heart. We will continue racing her this year and retire her to brood in 2021.

4th is a yearling colt named [color=blue]Safari sired by [color=blue]Animal Kingdom and out of [color=red]Starstruck making him 1/2 to SP Ancient Breeze. He’ll debut in April 2021.

And 5th is a yearling colt named [color=blue]Second Wish sired by [color=blue]WCh. As You Wish and out of [color=red]In Two Notes. I liked the lines on this colt and can’t wait for next April to arrive.

Picked up one more for $1000.

[color=red]Bramble Queen is a MW, MP mare bred by ourselves. She’s lightly raced this year so will have a run in a week or so to see if there’s any spark still there. If not, she’ll retire to the farm and most likely take on ‘nanny’ duties when this year’s filly foals are weaned.

Good luck with her!