How'd You Do 2019

Still waiting on the bids on two.

[color=red]Twist of Lime is a daughter of Seattle Slew and a half-sister to one of my mares, French Resistance. I’ve been wanting a daughter of Seattle Slew, and French Resistance’s first race-age foal has won 2 of her first 3 starts so I’m very hopeful with Twist of Lime! Undecided who to send her to. Bought for 1k.

[color=blue]Pillage n’ Plunder is an unraced 3yo son of Crystal Rainbow out of a Highland Laird mare. Bought for 1k.

[color=blue]Top Me Off is a 2yo son of Demand the Best (B) out of Ch. 5 O’Clock Shadow, half to SW’s Ch. TheLaughofMedusa and Power Hour. He’s already raced 5 times this year and recently finished 3rd. Probably a later bloomer, we’ll fiddle around with equipment and jockeys. Bought for 1k.

Just one! Seriously! It’s surprising that he went so cheap (thanks, spending limit…) while my other pick got outbid finally (no surprise, that one was really nice).
So I figured that I don’t really have 3yo colts to race. More than a half of my racing string are 2yos and of 3yos, I only have two colts (and two leased from Markos). So here he is:

[color=blue]Blue Crown - 3yo blue roan unraced colt, bred by Clover Springs Stables. He’s by  ICh. Chivalry, out of Knight’s Princess (Dark Knight). His granddam is Pink Princess, a gold ranked Reine-de-Course (B/I). We were expecting a foal 3x3 inbred to Pink Princess, out of Ch. Akasha, but sadly it was a stillborn. Maybe we’ll try again. Knight’s Princess was a late bloomer, her best year was at the age of six. All her racing foals are winners; her daughter [color=red]Taste of Love is also consigned to the Annual Mixed Auction.

Purchased for $1,000.

Came home with two, having initially only planned on one.

[color=red]Silk Cut is a 6yo half-sister to GCh Edinburgh. She’s by Irish River and was a grade 1 winner on turf so should fit with the majority of our boys. She’s not in foal and we’ll hold off until next year to get her an early covering. Cost $98,500.

We also added [color=red]Buy It For Life for $1000. She’s a 2yo by Demand The Best out of NCh Buy An Angel. She’s unplaced to date but we’ll give her a break at the farm and bring her back later in the year. Mum was a late bloomer so hopefully a bit of time should suit.

We are pretty happy with our ponies, and grew our string by five today.  All horses were $1k

[color=red]Stardust Shiver is a 7 year old broodmare by WCh. Crystal Rainbow and out of WCh. Highland Grace.  This mare has some decent lines, and we’re hopping that bred to the right stallions she will be a good investment for our future.

[color=blue]Guesstimate is a three year old by GCh. Highland Laird out of gold rated NCh. Guess What.  His half siblings have done well and we have high hopes for this cutie.

[color=red]Underage is a two year old by ICh. Sleipnir out of Unamed by WCh. Highland Bandit. Neither parent is highly rated but her pedigree is lovely so we’ll see how this goes.

[color=red]Lucky Girl another two year old by Monarchos out of Unluck E by GCh. Lucky Day. This girl is a total toss up, but we had a good gut feeling.

Lastly was[color=blue] Gallivanting Cube, by ICh. Sleipnir by Higher with Fire.  We are kind of smitten with his name and he has some Ch. half and 3/4 siblings.  We think at the very least he’ll be a good allowance pony but of course we always hope for more!

Went in with a list of 12 possibles. The count so far is 5 won, 4 lost, 2 losing, 1 No Bid. Total spent so far $35k.

The first two wins were both broodmares:-
[color=red]Blockbuster, an 8yo by [color=blue]FFCh. TakeMeToHollywood (S) out of [color=red]Ch. Five Rings (B). We own the dam and 4 of her foals. She is being shipped back to the Farm from where she was in Australia and will be bred to [color=blue]NCh. Last For More when she arrives. Cost $1k..
[color=red]Major Secret, an 8yo by [color=blue]GCh. Major’s Flight (G) out of [color=red]Leave A Message (S). We followed her racing career so, when we saw she was up for auction, we jumped at the chance to get her. She has been bred to [color=blue]NCh. Away The Lads for 2020. Cost $1k.

The other three wins were all racehorses:-
[color=red]Claddagh, a 4yo filly by [color=blue]Giant’s Causeway (S) out of [color=red]Love Affair (S). We own her dam and wanted this lightly raced (only 1 race so far) filly. Cost $1k.
[color=blue]Show Attitude, a 3yo colt by [color=blue]NCh. Bellagio (S) out of [color=red]Ch. Five Rings (B). Cost $1k.
[color=blue]Ch. Clowning Around, a 3yo colt by [color=blue]FFCh. Foolhardy § out of [color=red]Ch. Laugh Out Loud (S). Cost $31k.

Of the 4 we lost, we were outbid on two of them and we weren’t able to bid on the other two because we had reached our limit of horses we could bid on. The two we are losing, we also cannot bid on for the same reason.

All in all, we are very satisfied with the horses we have acquired from this Auction so far.

Went in thinking we’d just sell and not buy, and of course that didn’t last. :wink:

Still, came home with 3, which isn’t too bad.

[color=red]TOPOFHERGAME is an 8yo daughter of NCh. Secretary and ICh. What’s Your Dream. She’s very lightly raced, mainly as a 5yo, but is half-sister to SW Heavenside Halo and SP With All My Heart. She’s the dam of 1 foal to date, a weanling colt by Crystal Rainbow. Got her for $1k.

[color=red]HUNGER GAMES is a 3yo daughter of NCh. Carrowmore and Aerials, making her half-sister to MSW Digital Skye. Her other siblings are both lightly raced winners. Got her for $20k.

[color=blue]ESPRESSO ENGRAVING is a 2yo son of NCh. Player and Flag Unfurled. He’s half-brother to SP Opening Statement, and all but one of his siblings are winners. Figured it was worth a gamble at $1k.

Came home with two more. Spent way too much.  ::)

[color=red]Holding Roses is an unraced 3yo by NCh. Gimme a Shot. Her dam is a half-sister to FFCh. Foolhardy, NCh. Crucible (whom we own a winning 2yo out of), NCh. Bellagio, GCh. Mission Bay, and Ch. I’m Outrageous. Paid $1k.

[color=blue]Johnny Storm is an unraced 3yo by Oscillation (B) out of Firestorm (G), by Highland Rogue §. He’s half to MSW Ch. The Fire Bringer, SW’s Ch. Glorification and Ch. No Surrender, SP’s Glenfidditch and Fireswept. Her dam is half to Ch. Light My Way (G), dam of MSW’s NCh. Pure Silk Lady and GCh. Seismic. Paid 60.5k.

After the maximum horse limit was raised Evander let me go snag a few lovely ladies to build up my breeding string.

First,  with 258 instances of ripping a jockeys pants off, [color=red]Egyptian Fires, by GCh. Akhetnaten out of Higher With Fire. 3/4 to our other auction get Gallivanting Cube. She is also a full sibling to Ch. Sesen, who is MSW. We are currently sending her to rehab at our home base to kick her pants addiction.

Next we have [color=red]Ch. Blasphemy by WCh. I’m Your Angel out of Shamanistic. We’re hoping Angel is as good a Broodmare sire as his own sire. Came bred to Mantle of Power and we’re excited to see what happenes in 2020.

[color=red]Champagne On Ice by
 GCh. Harvard Bound out of Icy Honor. Uhhh her name is Champagne and she’s blood bay. I couldn’t say non. Will possibly remain open this late in the season.

[color=red]Act Like Royalty by Class Act out of Queen of Love. Her daddy is a silver BMSire and we’re excited to add her to our string. Will possibly remain open this late in the season.

Last, but certainly not least, [color=red][url=http://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=4159[/url]Vegas Girl by Man O War out of Big Bet. I honestly cannot believe there was little competition for this mare. Her patents are each a CDR and RDC, not to mention she is half to Risk Away. Risk Away is a platinum mare and mother of NCh. Away The Lads. We’re very excited about this mare and have sent her to NCh. Away The Lads for a late 2020 baby line bred on the maternal side for Big Bet.

All in all we snagged 10 horses and only spent 10k. I think we snagged a strong start to our own strings in this auction.

– Alisander